Delete files when deleting incomplete downloads

Windows specific questions, problems.
primexx

Delete files when deleting incomplete downloads

Post by primexx »

Hi all,

I tried looking everywhere in the Options and interface, and Googled a bunch, but just couldn't find an option to delete files when I'm deleting an incomplete torrent. I see references to such an option through Google searches, but am unable to actually find the option.

Basically, when I manually delete a download that hasn't completed (i.e. the files I've selected have not all been downloaded, if I chose to skip some files those skipped files shouldn't count), then delete the files that have been downloaded so far for that torrent.

The uTorrent equivalent is the option to "Delete data + .torrent", which can be selected when deleting a download.

Could somebody point me in the right direction?
ciaobaby

Re: Delete files when deleting incomplete downloads

Post by ciaobaby »

Options -> Behaviour -> Confirm when deleting torrents -> set

Then you will have a check box on the prompt dialogue.

and;
Why qbittorrent does not need an "Also delete .torrent file" feature

before you ask. :)
primexx

Post by primexx »

Thank you ciaobaby.

I tried it and it works when the prompt is enabled. However, if I click the lock to save the choice, and then disable the delete confirmation again, then when I delete a torrent the local file is again no-longer deleted.

Is it possible to have it remember my choice without a prompt every time? on uTorrent there is a right click context menu on the toolbar delete button to select default no prompt behaviour.

Thanks again!
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Is it possible to have it remember my choice without a prompt every time?
Nope, it is done that way for "safety".
primexx

Post by primexx »

ciaobaby wrote:
Is it possible to have it remember my choice without a prompt every time?
Nope, it is done that way for "safety".
thanks for the answer!
MJ.nfl

Post by MJ.nfl »

I agree with primexx

We should be able to delete something without checking the box every time. I just started using qbittorrent after years of using utorrent who also didn't have this simple option. I find it to be most annoying thing as we are talking about mountain of unnecessary mouse clicks (probably around 3000 clicks per year for me). That option alone would've provably saved my Logitech G700 mouse from having the famous "left click problem"  :) ;).   

My suggestion is to have two delete buttons, 1st one would be standard remove button and 2nd one would be remove + delete data.

In settings you could than have prompt dialogue options for both versions.

Please consider adding this option. Thanks.
Last edited by MJ.nfl on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.