Force recheck keeps on interruptted

Windows specific questions, problems.
andwan0

Force recheck keeps on interruptted

Post by andwan0 »

My laptop HDD is full, so currently am using a USB NTFS drive to store my 50GB torrent.
The torrent got updated so am doing a Force Recheck. It would get to about 86% then Errored. It's like the drive got disconnected & reconnected again.
Is there any setting in qbittorrent or windows to help with the force recheck to 100%?
NLS

Re: Force recheck keeps on interruptted

Post by NLS »

Is the drive indeed disconnecting and reconnecting? (like a problem with the USB controller or something)
And you want qBT to have some more flexible I/O timeout?

Or is the recheck interrupted with no explanation?

What does the log say?

Check also your NTFS permissions and the file/folder attributes on that disk.

I take it you know the files are ok and disk is checked?
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

where can I find the log?
I do see a brief bubble message from the task tray: says error I/O reading one of the zip files....
but it's too fast and the message is gone forever.
would be handier to have the log in a tab in the main window ....
NLS

Post by NLS »

The log IS in a tab in the main window if you select to view it from the menu.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

10/03/2016 08:06 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\drwrt200.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 08:06 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\ghostlop.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 08:06 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\miexchng.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 08:05 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\ghostlop.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 08:05 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\midresj.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 07:55 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\grdforce.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 07:46 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\bublbob2p.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 07:46 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\gauntlet.zip) error: Access is denied
10/03/2016 07:46 - An I/O error occurred, 'MAME ROMs' paused. MAME ROMs file (F:\T_PD_t1_\MAME ROMs\ffv101.zip) error: Access is denied
etc
I notice some files have READONLY permissions on them. So I changed them all to un readonly.
NLS

Post by NLS »

And now works?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

And turn ALL drive power saving settings to  OFF so the drive cannot 'sleep'.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Drive will not sleep while something tries to access data from it.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

[quote="NLS"]
And now works?
[/quote]

Yes it now works.
It was because of the RO flag.... which I didn't set before.. and don't know why some files were set
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="NLS"]
Drive will not sleep while something tries to access data from it.
[/quote]

Theoretically.