Legal Notice Popup

Windows specific questions, problems.
jojomojo523

Legal Notice Popup

Post by jojomojo523 »

Every time I click on a magnet link or click on the qbitorrent shortcut I get the popup from qbittorent saying Legal Notice "qBittorent is a file sharing program. When you run a torrent, its data will be available.... No further notices will be issued."

I am using the most recent version. Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thank you very much.
ciaobaby

Re: Legal Notice Popup

Post by ciaobaby »

I am using the most recent version
Which is??

And what OS?
jojomojo523

Post by jojomojo523 »

Thank you for the reply. I am using v3.3.3 and Windows 7.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

okay,

Probably permissions to the .conf/.ini file,

With qbittorrent closed:

Open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent  (replace <username> with your login name)

edit qBittorrent.ini  and set  this value to true

Code: Select all

[LegalNotice]
Accepted=false
Save the file and restart qbittorrent.
jojomojo523

Post by jojomojo523 »

Thanks for the reply. I went to that folder and there were two file qBittorrent.ini and qBittorrent-data.ini.  The qBitorrent.ini file was empty and the qBittorrent-data.ini file contained the following:

[Stats]
AllStats=@Variant(\0\0\0\x1c\0\0\0\x2\0\0\0\x12\0\x41\0l\0l\0t\0i\0m\0\x65\0U\0L\0\0\0\x5\0\0\0\x12\x19\x34@\x93\0\0\0\x12\0\x41\0l\0l\0t\0i\0m\0\x65\0\x44\0L\0\0\0\x5\0\0\0\x42\x2qk\xd9)

Maybe this is because I installed the program originally on a non-administrator account and then decided to start using my administrator account later. The qBittorrent file in the non-administrator seems to have the value set to true. Should I copy and paste those files into the qBittorrent folder in the administrator account?

okay,

Probably permissions to the .conf/.ini file,

With qbittorrent closed:

Open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent  (replace <username> with your login name)

edit qBittorrent.ini  and set  this value to true
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

Run qbittorrent as admin. See example here:

ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

The qBittorrent file in the non-administrator seems to have the value set to true. Should I copy and paste those files into the qBittorrent folder in the administrator account?
What matters is the setting for the user you are running qbittorrent as.
jojomojo523

Post by jojomojo523 »

Strangely, I opened my computer later today and it appears to operate as normal now. I am confused but definitely pleased. Thank you for all of your responses and help. I really appreciate it!