Qbittorrent V3.3.4 blocked by Norton (UDP 1900 ,6771 and others)

Windows specific questions, problems.
Dark

Qbittorrent V3.3.4 blocked by Norton (UDP 1900 ,6771 and others)

Post by Dark »

Win7 64bit

After updating to V3.3.4 from V3.3.3 , Norton started to black all communications

Can anyone tell me what is going on ,is this a false postive
Please check the Attachments
Attachments
udp.png
6771 port.png
1900.png
nort.png
KitKat

Re: Qbittorrent V3.3.4 blocked by Norton (UDP 1900 ,6771 and others)

Post by KitKat »

[quote="Dark"]
Win7 64bit

After updating to V3.3.4 from V3.3.3 , Norton started to black all communications

Can anyone tell me what is going on ,is this a false postive
Please check the Attachments
[/quote]
UDP port 1900 is UPnP announce, if you have UPnP mapping enabled in qbittorent (on by default iirc) this is a false positive.
Port 6771 is Local Peer Discovery IIRC, also a false positive if thats enabled in qbittorent settings.
"others" are likely your listening port for qbittorent (port it tells peers to send you stuff on)

Norton is likely having a bitch because version 3.3.4 is "new" and its probably triggering some ws.reputation check.
I'd suggest uninstalling the "norton/notrun" virus and using something else, i'd recommend a combination of AVAST Internet Security/Premium & malwarebytes pro. (malwarebytes pro is a 1 time purchase for life license, its very much worth it)
Up to you though, norton honestly isnt bad, it just throws up a shittone of false positives/is really anal about new software.

/e: In the very first screenshot it been "new software" is EXACTLY the reason norton is blocking it.
You likely have a "block by default" setting (which is secure dont change it) norton is applying it to qbittorent because version 3.3.4 is less than 1 week old and "unknown" to it.
Its safe to allow qbittorent on those ports/all connections provided you downloaded it from a secure source.
Last edited by KitKat on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark

Post by Dark »

thanks ,that is what I thought but I had to make sure
I did trust the program and everything is fine
thanks you
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

Just put qbittorrent on Norton exceptions and everything will runs fine.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

The IP address 127.0.0.1 is a generic IP Address for the NIC (network Interface card) on ALL computers
To be technically correct the 127.0.0.0/8 block (127.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255) which includes 127.0.0.1 are not so much 'generic' but are 'special use' reserved IPs that are aliased to the network host loopback connector aka "localhost".