Windows specific questions, problems.
Spektor

Migrating problems from uTorrent

Post by Spektor »

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent and have some problems :

Operating system = Windows 10
qBitttorent version = 3.3.4
  1. What is the best way to import torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent? All torrents are finished 100% and are saved in muliple locations, its vary important that qBittorrent do not start to overwrite existing data.
  2. I have tried to add some torrents manually but during checking they only goes to 99.9%. If I start download they will try to download but give me a I/O error message from Windows 10 after this the torrent is set to Salled automatically?
  3. I am using muliple private trackers and many torrents are shared on all trackers. In uTorrent I hade to have 2 torrents pointing to the same download folder but where each file was set to not download, else one would change a small bit and the other would not work anymore. How do I do this in qBittorrent? I have tried to add multiple torrents manually from the trackers and point them to the same source, If I then set the prority to "Do not download" the torrent will lose % even when the files are there?
Spektor

Re: Migrating problems from uTorrent

Post by Spektor »

I can see under the exception log that the I/O error states access is denied? I am running the application as administrator and utorrent are not running?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

What is the best way to import torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent?
index.php/topic,3224.0.html
Spektor

Post by Spektor »

ciaobaby wrote:
What is the best way to import torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent?
index.php/topic,3224.0.html
Thanks but I have tried that but it does not work. It seems fine but when starting qBittorrent everything is in a mess. I do not have as many torrents for the moment so I could do this manually but it would be great if you could just import the torrent files from utorrent and get everything setup. But I suspect that a torrent file do not explain where the files are located on disc. Anway, this is the smallest problem I got so far with the migration as you can see above.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

but it would be great if you could just import the torrent files from utorrent and get everything setup.
index.php/topic,4170.msg21514.html#msg21514
Spektor

Post by Spektor »

ciaobaby wrote:
but it would be great if you could just import the torrent files from utorrent and get everything setup.
index.php/topic,4170.msg21514.html#msg21514
Thanks!
Spektor

Post by Spektor »

[quote="Spektor"]
2. I have tried to add some torrents manually but during checking they only goes to 99.9%. If I start download they will try to download but give me a I/O error message from Windows 10 after this the torrent is set to Salled automatically?
[/quote]

This is now solved with the help of this link : index.php/topic,2595.15.html

Its common that files is set to read only in Windows and even if you try to remove this thay could still show as read only. But by removing the read only and let the system do its job some changes will be made to the files and in this case solve the problem.

So now I get them to 100% and seedin, Thay all did some downloading but I hope that multiple torrents can point to the same source without any problems(like in uTorrent).
Last edited by Spektor on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spektor

Post by Spektor »

New problem, the status of the torrents I have added are Queued and Seeding but nothing seeds at all? Utorrent worked fine without any special settings or forwarded ports?

It have however downloaded about 1 GB to fnish some of the torrents(that should have been fully working).
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Queued and Seeding but nothing seeds at all?
Options -> BitTorrent -> Queueing