Tired of this torrent client

Windows specific questions, problems.
Spektor

Tired of this torrent client

Post by Spektor »

Hi,

I have tried to like qBittorrent for a couple of days now but it is just to much problems. Im running the qBittorrent v3.3.4 in Windows 10, the port is forwarded and downloading is working great but everything else do not! uTorrent took me 30 min to set up and use, qBittorrent are still not running properly after 3 days of work!?

I am about to give up and go back to uTorrent but before I do I want to check so I havent missed something obvious!

I have added 58 torrents from 2 private trackers and 1 torrent from 1 public tracker(manually), dowloading works fine, uploading do not work at all for any of the private trackers? Each torrent are only seeding to one tracker and there are plenty of peers but none are downloading from me?

The Execution Log shows no problems and I can´t find why the connection failes!?

So far qBittorrent have destoryed 70 GB by writing it over fully working data, it demands both read and write(even if it is only seeding) and that the client is running as administrator. This have never been a problem with uTorrent, it have never overwritten data like this as long as I have used it(5 years). I remeber when I tried to migrate a couple of month ago qBittorrent started with deliting all the torrent files I imported from utorrent. So Im ready to give this program a really low grade but I hope there is another solution.
Spektor

Re: Tired of this torrent client

Post by Spektor »

Connectionstatus is green.
All seeders and peers is within brackets.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

I remeber when I tried to migrate a couple of month ago qBittorrent started with deliting all the torrent files I imported from utorrent.
Probably because you told it to. qbittorrent does not delete or 'move'  anything 'by default' you HAVE to deliberately set check-boxes to delete .torrent files.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="Spektor"]
So far qBittorrent have destoryed 70 GB by writing it over fully working data, it demands both read and write(even if it is only seeding) and that the client is running as administrator.
[/quote]
If you're talking mediafiles, playing/rating the mediafiles(changing the rating metadata) will cause qbittorent to redownload/error on that torrent if its seeding as that piece is no longer a match.

If its other stuff dont know why it could/would cause a torrent to redownload parts of itself unless you actively did something.