RSS feed stops working

Windows specific questions, problems.
silk186

RSS feed stops working

Post by silk186 »

I've set up an RSS feed and most of the time it works perfectly. Sometims it half works and sometimes it stops working.
Today my RSS feed was working fine until this torrent was uploaded that has a '®' in the torrent name. I'm wondering if all of these RSS issues are related to special characters. When the feed stops working it can take a while to get working again. If I load the feed into uTorrent it works fine.

ciaobaby

Re: RSS feed stops working

Post by ciaobaby »

If this " that has a '®' in the torrent name." is consistent and can be recreated at will, you should raise an issue at the bugtracker: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent

Include version number, operating system and Boost, libtorrent and QT library versions (Help -> About -> Libraries for that info). Check first for earlier reports before posting though.
silk186

Post by silk186 »

I'm not certain if this is the case, when I posted a thread on the tracker it was commented on that some torrent clients have issues with special characters.
I noted that a torrent with a special character was uploaded just before my RSS feed had an issue. It is difficult to repeat this as torrents with the specific character are not often uploaded.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Create one yourself and upload it.

Tell the tracker operators why you are doing it and the problems you are having.