General Support Q&A Windows Thread

Windows specific questions, problems.
MrWhite

Re: General Support Q&A Windows Thread

Post by MrWhite »

Peter wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 pm
MrWhite wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:36 am Maybe a stupid question...
Settings->Downloads (on left)->and on top: When adding torrent..
I want to do this when opening already downloaded torrents.
Not when I add them.
froggy

Post by froggy »

QBT doesn't keep my selected files for download in the content window. On boot, all files are unselected. I have to parse through every time I boot, which just isn't sustainable when a torrent has 100's of files and I need about 50 that are all dispersed around.
Is there a way to fix this?
nikgtasa

Post by nikgtasa »

Can i rename torrent files without losing the ability to seed?
Also, sometimes torrent names are too long and don't fit in windows notification area. Any fix for that?
Xirix

Post by Xirix »

Windows 10, I just ugpraded from 4.2.1 I think to 4.3.3, the font looks different and I kinda don't like it, is there a way to change it back to how it was in the older version?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

froggy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:57 pm QBT doesn't keep my selected files for download in the content window. On boot, all files are unselected. I have to parse through every time I boot, which just isn't sustainable when a torrent has 100's of files and I need about 50 that are all dispersed around.
Is there a way to fix this?
I mean, by default, you usually want ALL the files in a torrent, not ... half of them.
However, when you add something, you can simply use SHIFT+CLICK to select multiple (50-100-whatever) at once, and then right click, and then DO NOT DOWNLOAD for example. Its super fast to select or de-select like this.
Xirix wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 pm Windows 10, I just ugpraded from 4.2.1 I think to 4.3.3, the font looks different and I kinda don't like it, is there a way to change it back to how it was in the older version?
I don't think you can change that, but I would check the Github Issue Tracker to see if there is anything related to this:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
nikgtasa wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:58 pm Can i rename torrent files without losing the ability to seed?
You can change the file path WITHIN qBittorrent and then it keeps seeding. Renaming out of a torrent program will always break things.
Changing the file's name is also impossible. (The .torrent file contains the torrent's name.)
Vietnam

Post by Vietnam »

My qBittorrent crashes when i try to interact with certain torrent file, and i can't delete it from library. So, can i delete this file from library without using qBittorrent?
GilbertGuldlock

Post by GilbertGuldlock »

Byff Arlington wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm
How come that this guy could register a username with a space in it on this forum, but I couldn't?