Time Warner Cable shut off my internet

Windows specific questions, problems.
georgi61

Time Warner Cable shut off my internet

Post by georgi61 »

My internet was shut off by TWC on 7/22 and then restored after a phone call. It was the 3rd strike for downloading movies. The sixth time will be for 14 days without internet and the seventh - the contract will be terminated. The guy said the bit torrent programs are traceable. I don’t want to have more troubles.
Please advise.

P.S. Verification process to post a message is worst I've ever seen.
Switeck

Re: Time Warner Cable shut off my internet

Post by Switeck »

BitTorrent (which includes qBitTorrent) advertises its presence through DHT, LSD/LPD, PEX, UPnP/NAT-PMP, peer/seed connections, and trackers. It can't work without at least some of that!

From your ISP's point-of-view, even without having to "read" individual packets using Deep Packet Inspection (which they no doubt use), qBT has lots of connections coming from the "outside" to qBT's listening port.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

Best weapon of choice: VPN.
What VPN? Well, that is your thing. People often recommend Private Internet Access. If you 'pirate' movies/music with qBittorrent, use a VPN. Using no VPN only is recommended when the content you download is allowed to be shared via BitTorrent (such as various Linux distributions).
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I vote for a "seedbox".
It's basically a 24-7-365 online machine with a remote (web/RDP/whatever) interface.

- You can download stuff there, and you can seed it too. With very fast speeds.
- They usually have plenty of space for you, like 1TB, 2TB, and so on. A lot.
- You can download the stuff to your computer with "Bittorrent Sync", with "SFTP" (filezilla, winscp), or simply, "FTP" (filezilla). And you won't get a warning for this, ever.

VPN is good, it hides and encrypts your traffic, but you cannot seed. You have to store the torrents you download, etc.
Meanwhile with a seedbox, they take care of that. You just have to enjoy your download.
Killua

Post by Killua »

Seedbox would be the best choice, not seeding back is a no-no. Personally, I'd just swich from ISP ;)