Downloading begining only after "Force Resume"

Windows specific questions, problems.
snakyjake

Re: Downloading begining only after "Force Resume"

Post by snakyjake »

1.Is "Default Torrent Management Mode" set to Manual or Automatic? (Under Options, Downloads)

My Config = Manual

2.Do you have lots more started (seeding?) torrents than Torrent Queuing allows?

Active Torrents = 0

3.Is "Do not count slow torrents in these limits" checked?

My Config = Not checked

4.Invisible torrents?

Torrents exist in the list.  I don't have a problem if I disable Torrent Queuing.
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

Another thing of interest is the trackers are reporting "Not Working".
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

If the trackers aren't working, the torrents may not qualify as active/working...so "Active Torrents = 0" still makes sense.
How many torrents you have started could still be much greater than 10.
And it can also be the case that qBT reporting trackers as not working even when they are (as shown when you use Force Resume!), then that's yet another bug on top the 1st bug!

You might also have a weird combination of other settings.

These are some hidden rules:
Global Max Connections must be >= Max Connections per Torrent must be >= Max Upload Slots per Torrent
Global Max Connections must be >= Global Max Upload Slots must be >= Max Active Torrents must be >= Maximum download torrents or Maximum upload torrents
Global Max Connections must be >= Max Halfopen Connections
Do all your settings follow those rules?
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

If the trackers aren't working, the torrents may not qualify as active/working...so "Active Torrents = 0" still makes sense.

The trackers are working, if I disable Torrent Queuing or Force.

How many torrents you have started could still be much greater than 10.

I have a lot of torrents queued; they aren't doing anything.  Unless I disable Torrent Queuing or Force.

And it can also be the case that qBT reporting trackers as not working even when they are (as shown when you use Force Resume!), then that's yet another bug on top the 1st bug!

These are some hidden rules:

snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

Something is definitely going wrong with Torrent Queuing; and maybe something with the "Do not count slow torrents in these links" with no check mark.

If I check mark the "do not count slow torrents", torrents works.
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

I think I've figured it out...

New torrents are ranked at the bottom of the queue (lowest priority).

I have a lot of torrents "stalled", "missing files", "errored", or have zero seeds (I haven't cleaned up my dead torrents).  These torrents are queued, getting counted and included in the "maximum active" limits.

SOLUTION:

A)  Fix/remove the dead torrents.

B)  Enable "Do not count slow torrents in these links".

C)  Place new torrents higher/top of the queue.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

So presumably 10 torrents were properly doing tracker updates (the "stalled", "missing files", "errored", or have zero seeds ones)?