x64 version installs in x86 folder???

Windows specific questions, problems.
parry_hotter

x64 version installs in x86 folder???

Post by parry_hotter »

Why does the x64 version install to the Program Files (x86) folder by default? Shouldn't it be installing to the normal x64 Program Files folder?
testest

Re: x64 version installs in x86 folder???

Post by testest »

agreed. just updated from 3.3.7 x86 to 3.3.1.0 x64 and now they update to 3.3.1.1, what are the odds lol

maybe it just overwrites the previous directory to keep things nice and clean ?
suportebelem

Post by suportebelem »

[quote="parry_hotter"]
Why does the x64 version install to the Program Files (x86) folder by default? Shouldn't it be installing to the normal x64 Program Files folder?
[/quote]

64-bit NOTICE: The 64-bit version is only compatible with Windows Vista+.
Also you might experience increased memory usage compared to the 32-bit version.

[align=center]Image[/align]
parry_hotter

Post by parry_hotter »

[quote="testest"]
agreed. just updated from 3.3.7 x86 to 3.3.1.0 x64 and now they update to 3.3.1.1, what are the odds lol

maybe it just overwrites the previous directory to keep things nice and clean ?
[/quote]

Even on a 100% completely fresh install, it defaults to the (x86) directory.

[quote="suportebelem"]
[quote="parry_hotter"]
[/quote]

64-bit NOTICE: The 64-bit version is only compatible with Windows Vista+.
Also you might experience increased memory usage compared to the 32-bit version.

[align=center]Image[/align]
[/quote]

Err yeah. I'm using Windows 10 x64, but I didn't ask anything about compatibility or memory usage. If you don't understand the question, please don't answer. I'm saying on a 64 bit system, the x64 installer should by default install to 'Program Files' and not 'Program Files (x86) as it does.