How do I save the downloads to a network share?

Windows specific questions, problems.
zak99999

How do I save the downloads to a network share?

Post by zak99999 »

I'm on the windows platform trying to save downloads to a share on another computer. I tried specifying a UNC.  I've also mapped a drive and tried that.  On the remote box, I think I have the permissions and sharing as open as possible.  Anyone have experience with this?  I'm guessing it may be a windows permission thing.  But I can't figure it out.  Thanks.

The error I get is "An I/O error occurred, <filename>, error: Access is denied.
zak99999

Re: How do I save the downloads to a network share?

Post by zak99999 »

Never mind.  It was a partially downloaded file that was corrupt.  the denied error didn't have to do with the share.
jeps
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jeps »

You are most likely wrong.

This error was the main reason I stopped using this program some years back.
It is not a "Permission error" or a "corrupt file" error, it is an a feature of the program (so to say)  :)

The only way to store files on a networked drive is to use iSCSI (or something else with the same functionality).
I am using qBittorrrent again and store downloaded files on an iSCSI drive.
It only has 1 downside, iSCSI i somewhat slow on a NAS...
zak99999

Post by zak99999 »

Saving to a network share without using iSCSI is working fine for me now.  I can't be 100% sure of what the reason was that it wasn't working.  So I keep a small VM with limited diskspace running qbittorrent and have all the file directories on another machine through windows sharing and it works good so far.  Meets my needs.  I keep the VM on an SSD and have the files stored on HDD.