Where is the new beta and how do we test it ?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where is the new beta and how do we test it ?

Post by Peter »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
See my post here: index.php/topic,5200.msg25774.html#msg25774
[/quote]

Confirmed. ~40MB/s+ download, ~5GB file
Host OS: Server 2016
Host CPU: 4x
Host RAM: 8GB
- Auto cache: ~500MB constant use
- 15MB cache with NO restart: ~500MB (so it does not apply until you restart)
- 15MB cache after restart: 90MB ram use or lower.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I will retest with that cache setting when I have time and report back.

Edit:
Because im busy with other things I didn't tested yet but its on my mind. Will test it soon.
Last edited by Nemo on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolio2013

Post by coolio2013 »

Go to mainsite see changes and grab beta.
Windows XP isn't supported at the moment.
[/quote]

Uuuh! It would be great if newer releases of qbt could still run on XP. Please, continue to check this arvidn... There is nothing related to skip support of XP on github/libtorrent, as far as I could see (except some discussions about missing symlinks on XP). And there shouldn't be a real reason for that.

Thanks, all devs!
Deranox

Post by Deranox »

Why in Heaven's name would you use XP ? 7 is vastly superiour and runs absolutely the same if you turn off the shiny stuff. Windows 10 too.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="coolio2013"]
[/quote]

Uuuh! It would be great if newer releases of qbt could still run on XP. Please, continue to check this arvidn... There is nothing related to skip support of XP on github/libtorrent, as far as I could see (except some discussions about missing symlinks on XP). And there shouldn't be a real reason for that.

Thanks, all devs!
[/quote]

I didn't say that I dropped Windows XP support. Only that the current build crashes there.
And finally I have found the reason and corrected it. This PR waits (simple and quick)review: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/7258
The crash is related to the fact that Windows XP doesn't have IPv6 support by default.
coolio2013

Post by coolio2013 »

[quote="coolio2013"]
[/quote]

Thanks, all devs!
[/quote]

I didn't say that I dropped Windows XP support. Only that the current build crashes there.
And finally I have found the reason and corrected it. This PR waits (simple and quick)review: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/7258
The crash is related to the fact that Windows XP doesn't have IPv6 support by default.
[/quote]

Great! I know you did not say you'd drop XP. It's just... the entire world seems crazy about turning off XP. As you can see above your post ;)