Tracker status "Not Working" only on some torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
largactyl

Tracker status "Not Working" only on some torrents

Post by largactyl »

First the tl;dr version:
- What does the "Not Working" status actually mean (in terms of the tracker's response to the client)?
- The 'Execution Log' tells me absolutely nothing about this.  Are there more useful / verbose logs to show me what's happening?

Now the long description of my problem:

- I'm sharing 99 torrents on the same private tracker.
- Starting today, I noticed that 85 of them are stuck in permanent "Not Working" tracker status.  The other 14 are working fine.  The problematic 85 worked fine before, too.
- The tracker itself doesn't seem to be having any problems.  All my torrents (including the "Not Working" ones) have other peers, and appear to be healthy.
- I can't find any telltale difference between the working and "Not Working" torrents.  The tracker URL is exactly the same, and has always worked for every torrent before.
- I didn't change anything in my network settings, client settings, or tracker settings.

Steps I've tried to take:

- Restarting the client / rebooting the machine: doesn't help.  The same torrents always go back to "Not Working" after the "Updating..." stage.
- "Force reannounce" doesn't help.  In fact it doesn't appear to do anything at all; there's no indication that any action is taking place.
- Pausing/resuming, force-rechecking: doesn't help.  The torrents are on 100% (Seeding), but still "Not Working".
- Removing and adding the tracker URL manually: doesn't help.
- Removing a torrent, and adding a fresh one from the tracker (using the existing data): doesn't help.  Data checks out 100%, but then... "Not Working".
- Removing a torrent AND its data, then adding a fresh one from the tracker: doesn't help.  Progress is 0.0% / "stalled", and the tracker status... "Not Working".
- Updating the client: I was using 3.3.7; now updated to 3.3.15.  Didn't help.

Since there are 14 torrents working fine on the same tracker, with the same settings, I don't have a clue what could be going wrong.
So what is the meaning of "Not Working", and how can I see some useful logs to investigate the problem, or even (dare I hope) solve it?

Thanks!
ItWasSooted

Re: Tracker status "Not Working" only on some torrents

Post by ItWasSooted »

Try the Beta version. See thread further down - Solved: Trackers not working etc.

I have hundreds of private torrents, so never checked to see if they were all eventually connecting. But I do know that they didn't all connect at the same time.
warp005

Re: Tracker status "Not Working" only on some torrents

Post by warp005 »

same problem here. using beta version doesn't work. qbittorent wont work on any of my computers now because of this issue.