Help: Deleting Folder

Windows specific questions, problems.
Keiji

Help: Deleting Folder

Post by Keiji »

Hi I moved to Utorrent to qBittorrent for a little while now.  And i only notice this problem recently. After finished downloading a file that are in a folder from qBittorrent, i would moved the folder to another location in window and then delete the complete folder.  But for some reason qBittorent keep creating the folder again after restarting.  Even though in qBittorent the job have been stop, pause etc.  qBittorent will keep creating the folder again and again.  There no way i could delete the folder.  I wanted to keep all the complete torrent job in the qBittorent so that i won't download the same torrent again.  Since it hard to keep track of all the downloaded torrent name.

Please let me know if there is a solution out there or not.  I have search the forum for a while and i couldn't find a post that match my situation.

Thanks you.
coolio2013

Re: Help: Deleting Folder

Post by coolio2013 »

Hi Keiji,
so, the torrents remain in qbt's list? qbt will try to download all files again, as this is the task for qbt.
You could move them to the final destination with right mouse-click on the torrent in the list, 'Set location'. It may take a while. The LOG will show you the selected destination, but not when movement has finished. 'Save Path' in 'General' will show you when movement of files has finished.

However, your list of torrents will grow and grow.

Regards.
Keiji

Re: Help: Deleting Folder

Post by Keiji »

While the torrents is still in the list but the torrent is not active in the list.  It have been stop.  Don't know why qbt would need to create a folder for it if the torrent have stop long time ago.
It is like every time you start the ignition in the car and the car would roll forward ignoring your foot on the brake.  I'm not too sure if that is what the program suppose to do but it sound like a bug accept it not a bug because there no error and the program seems to run fine.
Last edited by Keiji on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.