#SOLVED# Having a problem. (Search feature) (Happy Camper!)

Windows specific questions, problems.
MiSFiT203

#SOLVED# Having a problem. (Search feature) (Happy Camper!)

Post by MiSFiT203 »

I've been having a problem with torrent search. it came with a previous update of Qbittorent.

Tonight i just did a corrective update of windows 10 to fix some other issues i had with windows itself.
then i noticed there is now version 4 of Qbittorent, which i downloaded and was hopeful might correct the issue.
but no luck. now and on previous build it, when i goto search and it does python install after it finishes and i goto
use it i get a series of about 7 popups saying...

Python.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because python35.dll was not found. Re-installing the program may fix this.

On the previous Qbittorent i tried many re-installs. i also tried downloading python from the website with same results.
please tell me what i can do. i miss that search feature.  Thanks in advance.
Last edited by MiSFiT203 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiSFiT203

Re: Having a problem. (Search feature)

Post by MiSFiT203 »

Sadly uninstalling 4.0, python launcher and python as well as Qbittorent settings, then re-installing Qbit 4.01 didnt fix the problem. still goto torrent search, install python and get those 7 missing python35.dll popups.
think i had this problem about a month now.

*Note to self: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,5380.0.html* (User is experiencing same problem)
Last edited by MiSFiT203 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiSFiT203

Post by MiSFiT203 »

Bump
MiSFiT203

Post by MiSFiT203 »

another update, still no search, still no response #4.02

might be time to stop recommending Qbittorent, and start "searching" for another software.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Backup your torrents and your qB settings, uninstall everything (Python, launcher and qB) as you stated above using a good uninstaller (I use Geek uninstaller, Revo would do also).
Clean the registry using Ccleaner. Maybe a pc restart would be of some help.
Then install 4.0.2 again. Exit qB and only after that try to reinstall Python.

Good luck!
MiSFiT203

Post by MiSFiT203 »

[quote="stihia"]
Backup your torrents and your qB settings, uninstall everything (Python, launcher and qB) as you stated above using a good uninstaller (I use Geek uninstaller, Revo would do also).
Clean the registry using Ccleaner. Maybe a pc restart would be of some help.
Then install 4.0.2 again. Exit qB and only after that try to reinstall Python.

Good luck!
[/quote]

@stihia thank you for your response...

no luck,

heres what i did...

.deleted my torrents and settings...

.uninstalled everything (QB, python and launcher) using IOBIT Uninstaller with scan for leftovers when complete.

.cleaned up my system including registry using Advanced system care pro

.restarted PC

.reinstalled QB, started it, closed it, re-opened it and did add search and still get the same problem

i get the same popup about 5-7 times consecutively.

think ive been having this problem for bout the past 5 releases or so.

Thanks again for your response
stihia

Post by stihia »

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but you can try to uninstall Python 3.5 and then install Python 3.4.3 or even 3.4.0 instead (of course with qB closed).
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Oftopic:
Opening a topic with a problem.. Not getting a response for few hours.. After that its time to not recommend qBittorrent anymore. Sorry but that just sounds plain stupid if you ask me. You expect us not to have our private life where we go to work or familiy and be active here 24/7? We don't get paid to help you, everyone here comes in their free time and are contributers 
to qBittorrent don't forget that. If you don't like it or don't understand such a simple thing you can move on simple as that. Felt the need to share this as some users here think that we are robots of some sort that are active 24/7 here.

Ontopic:
I don't and never used the search function so I can't help you with that but others who do use it might help you with it. Just be patient a bit thats all.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiSFiT203

Post by MiSFiT203 »

[quote="stihia"]
Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but you can try to uninstall Python 3.5 and then install Python 3.4.3 or even 3.4.0 instead (of course with qB closed).
[/quote]

at an earlier point in time i had trying uninstalling python and going to the offical python page and tried a version of 3.5 from there. but didnt help, i didnt think to try an earlier version because of the popups that call for 3.5 being missing. i assumed that qbittorent needed 3.5 because of that. or are the popups unrelated to qbittorent and more related to the version of python that is installed resulting in it reporting python 3.5 missing because of 3.5 being the version installed.

I hope that made sense lol

ok, i guess theres only one way to find out. will give it a try. thanks again @stihia
MiSFiT203

Post by MiSFiT203 »

[quote="Nemo"]
Oftopic:
Opening a topic with a problem.. Not getting a response for few hours.. After that its time to not recommend qBittorrent anymore. Sorry but that just sounds plain stupid if you ask me. You expect us not to have our private life where we go to work or familiy and be active here 24/7? We don't get paid to help you, everyone here comes in their free time and are contributers 
to qBittorrent don't forget that. If you don't like it or don't understand such a simple thing you can move on simple as that. Felt the need to share this as some users here think that we are robots of some sort that are active 24/7 here.

Ontopic:
I don't and never used the search function so I can't help you with that but others who do use it might help you with it. Just be patient a bit thats all.
[/quote]

Sorry Nemo..

I suppose i appeared to have a short fuse, my apologies.

i think that was more related to older threads i found on the same problem. those threads were about a month or so old and never had a response either. which lead me to assume thats how things work around here, after my post becoming a week old. i've always recommended qbittorent. especially when i hear of people using utorrent.

so it's kind of a let down to see a program i been using for quite some time and highly recommend every chance i get, leaves people hanging when they need help.

sorry, i'm not trying to be an asshole. just been having this problem for months and noticed im not the only person, which leads me to believe this is likely not just a me issue, which is frustrating.

i'll try to be more patient, and will hopefully continue to remain loyal and make recommendations as i get thru this issue. cause i do love the program.
MiSFiT203

Re: Having a problem. (Search feature) #SOLVED# (Happy Camper)

Post by MiSFiT203 »

[quote="stihia"]
[/quote]

Thanks so much @Stihia... installing python 3.43 fixed the problem!

perhaps the devs should alter the python installer to use that version rather than 3.5.

Thanks again!  :D
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: #SOLVED# Having a problem. (Search feature) (Happy Camper!)

Post by Nemo »

No need to apologize. At that moment I felt the need to respond because there are several factors playing role with that. Not only here at the forum but with the client itself and the decisions of the devs. Especially in this case with a function I never use myself otherwise I would love to help you as fast as possible.

Im happy its solved! Thanks stihia.:).