Great job with v4!

Windows specific questions, problems.
the_grue

Great job with v4!

Post by the_grue »

Hi, I registered to say that I really love how v4 fixed the two problems that were bothering me for a long time. First, it's now possible to select a VPN network interface in the options. This spares me from selecting the IP every time I connect or reconnect. Second, it seems to no longer hang on exit.

I also want to use this opportunity to say that the project is absolutely awesome, a great example of a polished open source effort that's competitive against commercial alternatives. You must be incredibly proud of it. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
Last edited by the_grue on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Great job with v4!

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for your kind words. Im sure that the devs are doing their best over at Github.
ReneArtois

Post by ReneArtois »

Hi there!

Not so satisfied with v4. In previous version I got the information in the "last activity" column when a torrent was really last active. Now I see the download being active at the moment, but last activity is reported 13h ago. Before I was able to see which torrent are not active for several days and easier decide which torrents to remove. Now I have no torrent with more than one day old activity which is impossible.

Also in the list of seeders and leechers I could see the progress of someone and how much download or upload he/she did with me. Now I have someone with progress of 13,5%, who gave me 1,34GB download of  4,3GB file. After a while his progress was only 0,7% but I was still downloading from him.

I guess some things are not right...

I also liked previous icons more, but these are already personal preferences.

Otherwise quite happy with qbittorrent.

Kindest regards,
Nyago123

Post by Nyago123 »

One thing v4 and the new libTorrent seems to have fixed for me is the periodic unnecessary stalling of torrents during downloads and/or large re-checks, as I'm pointing over to content on a NAS on a high speed (10Gbps) network. 

I've been using qB with only one particular tracker because of that problem, but now it's like having a real BT client again  ;D
TonyTP

Post by TonyTP »

why is there so little info to find on the extreme speed problems version 4 introduced? Is this being fixed? I'm mostly getting 1/3 of the speed I had prior to v4, 1/2 at the best.
stihia

Post by stihia »

[quote="Nemo"]
Thanks for your kind words. Im sure that the devs are doing their best over at Github.
[/quote]

Well... I'm starting to doubt about that. New problems arising every day, most of them mentioned in https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7741

It seems like the devs are diluting their efforts (at least for the last 2 years) in thousands aspects that are not addressing the main/core problems of qB/libtorrent. OR, they are not capable to solve them and nobody admits that.

I'm not so sure about how the team members (if there's any team at all) are coordinating their efforts to solve the major problems.

Right now, both this forum and github are really a mess about addressing the problems and the perspective of solving them... No polls, no milestones (at least for the big/often bugs), very technical explanations, a lot of bashing about who's the culprit (qB or libtorrent), and so on...

I'm really sorry about what's happening. I will probably stick with this client (as in the last 5 years), but the bitterness is becoming stronger every month...
earthscab

Post by earthscab »

I'm another person who upgraded to 4.0.1x64 and then downgraded to 3.3.16 after noticing the large drop in speed. 

Another issue that might have carried over in the drop to 3.3.16 is that all columns in the display are selected and cannot be deselected.  Has anyone figured out how to fix this or is it going to be one of the bugs that needs to be worked out of 4.0.1?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I was experiencing the same thing but with OS cache disabled and cache set to 0 is giving me great stable speeds. You could try that too.