Completed Torrents Seed For 10 Seconds and Then Go Back to Completed Status

Windows specific questions, problems.
lite104me

Completed Torrents Seed For 10 Seconds and Then Go Back to Completed Status

Post by lite104me »

I upgraded from QBT 3.3.16 to 4.0.1 x64.  All my torrents show status "Complete" and when I try to Resume they flash as seeding for about 5-10 seconds and then go back to Complete.  The torrents are from several different private trackers.  I can see the number of Seeds and Peers.  Under Trackers 16 of 160 show status as Not Working and the rest are Working.  I am seeding to these same sites via BT and ruTorrent without problem.  Only QBT has a problem.  I tried reinstalling 3.3.16 and same problem.  I have Torrent Queuing unchecked as that seemed a fix for many with this same/similar issue on other forum posts.  I tried running Force Recheck which did not help. 

Any ideas and help appreciated!
Last edited by lite104me on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Re: Completed Torrents Seed For 10 Seconds and Then Go Back to Completed Status

Post by Switeck »

Sounds pretty severe.

Have you reported this issue at qBitTorrent's github issues page?:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
lite104me

Post by lite104me »

[quote="Switeck"]
Have you reported this issue at qBitTorrent's github issues page?:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
[/quote]

I have not - should I?  I looked for solutions over there but didn't find anything.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Yes, your problem is not simply a "slow torrents" problem which I've seen a few of...
Vonasi

Post by Vonasi »

I have exactly the same problem. I upgraded to 4.0.1 through 4.0.0 from 3.3.16 but found 4.0.1 to be hopeless plus I then had lots of slow laptop issues. So I went back to 3.3.16 to see if this was due to qBittorent but then had the same 'Completed Torrents Seed For 10 Seconds and Then Go Back to Completed Status' as you do. I backed up my qBittorrent data files and did a clean install of qBittorent but the issue persists. If I do 'Force Resume' it says it is seeding but I have seen no activity yet. If I upgrade to 4.0.1 I have the same problem. Checking files has no effect.

I wish I'd never upgraded to 4.0.1. as I had absolutely no problems before. Why oh why oh why do I never learn and why oh why can't developers just leave things well alone!?
stihia

Post by stihia »

Ctrl+A to select all torrents in the list, then right click on any of them, select "limit share ratio" and choose "set no ratio limit".
Vonasi

Post by Vonasi »

Thank you Stihia!

That has sorted the completed status problem - they all now say seeding (after I changed the number of maximum upload/downloads/torents setting from the 3 that it had been default set to).

I'll keep an eye on it and see if things start uploading now.