Gigabit connection but slow seeding

Windows specific questions, problems.
Buzzerin0

Gigabit connection but slow seeding

Post by Buzzerin0 »

Hello people. I'm here to ask your help.
I just upgraded my domestic line. Now i have a gigabit connection with the following speedtest results:

My problem is seeding. I never reach the upload speed i would espect (above 20 megabyte/s). Before I had a connection with 50 megabits of upload and in a lot of torrents i was seeding for hours @5.5 megabyte/s.
Now, with almost 200 megabit of upload, the maximum I ever get i 6 megabyte/s (for a few seconds) but the average is always (tried many different torrents) under 1 megabyte/s.

I already checked that my ISP is not a bad one and the port I'm using is open.

I also tried differents settings in my config but results never change.. I'm quite desperate.

Here a few screenshots from my settings:

https://ibb.co/kk4TVG

https://ibb.co/d9h44b

https://ibb.co/i4SRHw

Hope you'll help me. I really don't know what to do to seed more.

Thank you in advance.
stihia

Re: Gigabit connection but slow seeding

Post by stihia »

Your settings are totally wrong for your bandwith...
1. In the bittorrent section you must uncheck locale peers and torrent queuing.
2. In the connection section you must uncheck UpnP/NAT, limit the global connections to 4-500, connections per torrent somewhere to 20-50, check and limit upload slots per torrent to about 5 slots.
3. In the speed section check the upload and set it to about 18000, and in the limit settings check the first 2 options.

Screenshots with all the advanced section settings are also absolutely required in order to figure out the best way to help you further.
After you applied the settings above you must exit/start the client.
Buzzerin0

Post by Buzzerin0 »

First of all thank you for your fast reply. I've changed everythings as you suggested but seedings is always tremendously slow. In the video below i've recorded all my settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wu5DVxlr_k&feature=youtu.be

Thank you again.

:)

P.S: now, after settings changed according to your tips, also download speeds are slow.
Last edited by Buzzerin0 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stihia

Post by stihia »

[quote="Buzzerin0"]
P.S: now, after settings changed according to your tips, also download speeds are slow.
[/quote]

I know, but I am first of all a seeder, so that doesn't bother me at all. The title of your post is also about seeding (as your Youtube video), so...

Anyway, I watched your video and I would make you some suggestions:
In Advanced section: set disk cache to 32 or 64 MB, disable OS cache and Guided read cache. Set half-open connections to 10.

There are great chances that these modifications would not impact on seeding performance at all (somehow I have the feeling, after ver. 4.x, that modifying the settings have absolutely no impact - they do nothing of what should they do).

How much RAM do you have available?
Buzzerin0

Post by Buzzerin0 »

16gb @3000 mHz. Cpu is i7-7700K. I made the changed you suggested me but nothing has changed.

Ok, also for me seeding is really important (i always keep a ratio of 10) but If i have big download capabilities I don't wanna download slowly.

Same torrents with my old (probably wrong) config arrived @110 megabyte/s in a few seconds. I cannot understand what the problem is.

Thank you again for the help you're giving to me.
Last edited by Buzzerin0 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Sorry, that's all I could do...

Again, I think (as a novice, of course) that in 4.x versions it's a big fracture between the qB's UI and the libtorrent core.
Many users noticed that modifying the parameters has no impact anymore on client's behavior.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Setting the cache to 0 (disabled) and os cache unchecked helped me with the speed issue. I have fiber line by the way.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Thank you, Nemo, I will try this again in 4.0.2 (in 4.0.0 didn't worked). Fiber too - 300 DL/150 UL (Mb/s).
I will come back with some results.

LE: No, it didn't worked out for me...  :(
Last edited by stihia on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
morfraen

Post by morfraen »

[quote="Nemo"]
Setting the cache to 0 (disabled) and os cache unchecked helped me with the speed issue. I have fiber line by the way.
[/quote]

Old post I know... but had the same issue and changing disk cache also fixed it. Have 150/150 connection and could barely get 300-500KB going for upload. Changed disk cache from 0 (disabled) to -1 (auto) and unchecked OS cache and boom, 5-7MB/s upload. So maybe the real problem in both cases is less about the libtorrent caching and more about the windows disk cache causing major issues. Hard drive also went from noisy and obviously grinding away to silent.