A few questions after switching to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
Jazek

A few questions after switching to qBittorrent

Post by Jazek »

Hello, just did away with uTorrent and have a few questions:

1)How can I set qBittorrent to remember last file path set in the last "add torrent"-dialoge window without having to tick the checkbox every single time I change folders?

2)How can I increase or decrease auto exit timer delay, also why is it keeping the setting enabled when I restart qBittorrent?

3)Why is there no "Open file on double click" on single file torrents or torrents which have multiple files but only 1 was selected to download (while keeping the open folder-behavior in case the torrent has multiple files)?

4)The .unwanted-folder stays even when (shift+)deleting torrent from list?
Maybe it was because I moved the torrent location and the .unwanted folder was in the old location?
If so, shouldn't it still get deleted, seems like a bug to me?
Is there at least a way to set a fixed folder for .unwanted instead of using the current download directory?

Best regards,
Jazek
coolio2013

Re: A few questions after switching to qBittorrent

Post by coolio2013 »

Jazek wrote: Hello, just did away with uTorrent and have a few questions:
Welcome!
1)How can I set qBittorrent to remember last file path set in the last "add torrent"-dialoge window without having to tick the checkbox every single time I change folders?
Which checkbox?
Default Save Path can be selected in Options/Downloads.
2)How can I increase or decrease auto exit timer delay, also why is it keeping the setting enabled when I restart qBittorrent?
Never used that. There is no option to set a delay for the exit, neither in the INI directly.
Keeping that global setting (to quit on completion) indeed is a little stupid, as you may have no chance to change it until qbt quits again.
3)Why is there no "Open file on double click" on single file torrents or torrents which have multiple files but only 1 was selected to download (while keeping the open folder-behavior in case the torrent has multiple files)?
There is no separate option for the behaviour on doubleclick if only 1 file is downloaded.
4)The .unwanted-folder stays even when (shift+)deleting torrent from list?
Maybe it was because I moved the torrent location and the .unwanted folder was in the old location?
If so, shouldn't it still get deleted, seems like a bug to me?
No, this is normal currently.  If you think that should change, feel free to report it on github. There are more serious bugs...
Is there at least a way to set a fixed folder for .unwanted instead of using the current download directory?
Not currently. BTW, always please post the version used.
Best regards,
Jazek
Jazek

Re: A few questions after switching to qBittorrent

Post by Jazek »

coolio2013 wrote: Welcome!
Thanks!
Which checkbox?
Default Save Path can be selected in Options/Downloads.
This one, but basically looking for a setting so it would be always ticked to remember the last time the folder name got changed so I don't have to tick it every time I want it to change (which is quite often).
Never used that. There is no option to set a delay for the exit, neither in the INI directly.
Keeping that global setting (to quit on completion) indeed is a little stupid, as you may have no chance to change it until qbt quits again.
You can set it in the behavior-options here
to get at least this confirmation dialogue
as otherwise qBittorrent just closes instantly when triggered to exit.
But as stated in the OP and by you, there seems to be no way to alter the length of this confirmation timer.
Also it being still enabled after an exit(/shutdown) got triggered is a bit odd.
There is no separate option for the behaviour on doubleclick if only 1 file is downloaded.
Oh well :'(.
No, this is normal currently.  If you think that should change, feel free to report it on github. There are more serious bugs...
Ok, thanks for the info.
Not currently. BTW, always please post the version used.
4.0.4 x64