RAM usage

Windows specific questions, problems.
witloof

RAM usage

Post by witloof »

I recently upgraded from q3.3.16 to q4.0.4 and noticed that the RAM usage increases when torrents become active (dl/ul) but never decreases when torrents return to their inactive state. I tested a few things while looking at the RAM usage in the Windows task manager and here's what I've found:

- launched qBit with 36 torrents loaded, all completed and in seeding state. No active torrents. RAM: 55 MB
- 1 torrent became active (I was seeding to a peer). RAM increases to 130-140 MB
- when seeding of that torrent finished, qBit returned to no active torrents but RAM usage remained all day long at 140-150 MB
- I then decided to Pause all torrents. RAM decreased back to 55 MB
- I then resumed all torrents. RAM stayed at 55 MB

RAM usage increases with active torrents that's normal, but when there's no active torrents it should decrease. It looks like RAM is not "flushed" when dowloading/uploading is done.

I'm not seeing this behaviour with µTorrent 2.2.1 where RAM increases/decreases depending on the number of active torrents.

Is this a bug or should I tweak something in the qBit settings to get better RAM management?
Switeck

Re: RAM usage

Post by Switeck »

I've seen similar ram usage:
index.php/topic,2042.msg26419.html#msg26419
witloof

Re: RAM usage

Post by witloof »