Search

Windows specific questions, problems.
apertotes

Search

Post by apertotes »

Hi! I just installed this program. I tried to search for torrents, but there are no search engines installed. If I go into "Search plugins", the list is completely empty. If I click on "Check for updates" I get a boatload of errors saying that several plugins are not supported. What could be the problem?
apertotes

Re: Search

Post by apertotes »

No one?
Havokdan

Post by Havokdan »

Have you installed pynthon? That is if you are using windows.
apertotes

Post by apertotes »

[quote="Havokdan"]
Have you installed pynthon? That is if you are using windows.
[/quote]

I am using Windows and I do not know if I have Python installed or not. It sure did not install with qBittorrent. But if that is a necessary piece of software, why didn't it come bundled?
Havokdan

Post by Havokdan »

Currently I do not use qbittorrent, but the last time I used it on windows, the first time you tried to use the search, a window appeared to download pynthon.
apertotes

Post by apertotes »

[quote="Havokdan"]
Currently I do not use qbittorrent, but the last time I used it on windows, the first time you tried to use the search, a window appeared to download pynthon.
[/quote]

It didn't to me. It simply says that there are no search plugins installed and directs me to the "Search plugins" button. Clicking update throws a bunch of errors saying that several plugins are not supported.
Havokdan

Post by Havokdan »

So python can be downloaded: https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ Now I'm not sure, but I think that Qbittorrent uses python from series 2, x, download version 32 or 64 bits according to the corresponding version of Qbittorrent.