I/O error

Windows specific questions, problems.
DirtyOldMan

I/O error

Post by DirtyOldMan »

What is that? I'm growing tired of it already. It's driving me nuts. I'm about ready to use another client
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I/O error

Post by Nemo »

More information? Can't guess whats causing it.
SkyForce6

Post by SkyForce6 »

[quote="DirtyOldMan"]
What is that? I'm growing tired of it already. It's driving me nuts. I'm about ready to use another client
[/quote]

Are you one of those "emp" users that are forced to switch from µTorrent to another client like qBitTorrent? ;D

Anyway if you recently switched from µTorrent and used the script to transfer over your torrents to qBitTorrent then it is very likely that the I/O errors are caused by incomplete megapacks/collections. Apparently qb handles parts files differently then µTorrent so might need to download some bits and pieces to complete the files again. Just check for all the torrents in your torrents lists and force re check all those packs. Once re checked many of them would probably end up in the download state again and qb then will download a few MB here an there. This will fix the false I/O errors at least if they are caused by the scenario I described above.
magic111

Post by magic111 »

[quote="SkyForce6"]
[quote="DirtyOldMan"]
[/quote]

Are you one of those "emp" users that are forced to switch from µTorrent to another client like qBitTorrent? ;D

Anyway if you recently switched from µTorrent and used the script to transfer over your torrents to qBitTorrent then it is very likely that the I/O errors are caused by incomplete megapacks/collections. Apparently qb handles parts files differently then µTorrent so might need to download some bits and pieces to complete the files again. Just check for all the torrents in your torrents lists and force re check all those packs. Once re checked many of them would probably end up in the download state again and qb then will download a few MB here an there. This will fix the false I/O errors at least if they are caused by the scenario I described above.
[/quote]

No, I have the same error and I never imported anything from any other torrent client. The error message states: "I/O Error: An I/O Error occured for the torrent xxxx"

And the worst part is that the message pops up with a dinging noise, then once it goes away, pops up again immediately. It endlessly pops up and makes a horrible, loud dinging noise. It doesn't go away if I close qbittorent, if I Ctrl + Alt + Delete out of everything qbittorrent. The only thing that works is restarting my computer, which is a big hassle for me since I am usually in the middle of processes I'd rather not cancel like that.

This has happened 3 times in 2 days with 3 different torrents.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

1.Do you have an antivirus app that's scanning qBT's download/upload folders? It may lock files from time-to-time and cause qBT to get I/O errors.

2.Is any of your torrents on a USB external drive or NAS? These may briefly be unavailable due to power surges and/or networking problems and qBT freaks out with I/O errors as a result.

3.Is qBT's download/upload cache (in advanced settings) set too large? It can cause an I/O error if over ~1000 MB for the 32bit version of qBT. The 64bit version of qBT will only crash from cache too large if your computer runs out of free ram. (This can remotely happen due to windows built-in cache filling up most of free ram!)