Qbittorent keeps downloading

Windows specific questions, problems.
Emax

Qbittorent keeps downloading

Post by Emax »

I'm now running QBittorent 4.0.4 for about 3 weeks after migrating from uTorrent. According to the statistics I have totally downloaded 45GB. Of that, about 16 to 18GB I am aware of as newly downloaded torrents.

Now I did have some issues getting all of my 350 torrents runnning in QBittorrent, which resulted in a number of restarts and crashes, after which QBittorrent was rechecking a lot of torrents and re-downloaded parts of it. Although that would explain some extra downloads, I would not expect that to be 20GB in total.

But even worse, I have now finally completed migration from utorrent and am happily seeding all my torrents, but I still see that alltime download-counter going up. Before the weekend it was at around 40GB alltime dowload, currently it says I have about 45GB alltime download. And I have no idea where that 5GB difference is coming from, I have not started any downloads myself, all torrents are seeding, and I did not have any restarts of QBittorrent anymore...

The log-files shows me a couple of I/O errors for some torrents, saying "An IO error occured, [torrent] read [filename] error: Reached the end of the file. Can those be the cause for the extra downloaded GB's?
SkyForce6

Re: Qbittorent keeps downloading

Post by SkyForce6 »

[quote="Emax"]
I'm now running QBittorent 4.0.4 for about 3 weeks after migrating from uTorrent. According to the statistics I have totally downloaded 45GB. Of that, about 16 to 18GB I am aware of as newly downloaded torrents.

Now I did have some issues getting all of my 350 torrents runnning in QBittorrent, which resulted in a number of restarts and crashes, after which QBittorrent was rechecking a lot of torrents and re-downloaded parts of it. Although that would explain some extra downloads, I would not expect that to be 20GB in total.

But even worse, I have now finally completed migration from utorrent and am happily seeding all my torrents, but I still see that alltime download-counter going up. Before the weekend it was at around 40GB alltime dowload, currently it says I have about 45GB alltime download. And I have no idea where that 5GB difference is coming from, I have not started any downloads myself, all torrents are seeding, and I did not have any restarts of QBittorrent anymore...

The log-files shows me a couple of I/O errors for some torrents, saying "An IO error occured, [torrent] read [filename] error: Reached the end of the file. Can those be the cause for the extra downloaded GB's?
[/quote]

When I transferred from µTorrent to qBitTorrent  I also had a few torrents that wanted to re download every time I re started the client. Eventually I found out that only way to solve it for me was to remove the torrents from my torrent download list. Then move the files in question to a new fresh download directory and then go to the original site and download new fresh torrents that belong to those files. This will initiate a checking of the file and once complete those files never gave me any issues ever again.

As for I/O errors, most common cause of those when moving from µTorrent to qBitTorrent is that QB handles part files differently so for incomplete torrents for instance megapacks or entire seasons of a TV series but you only downloaded only some episodes. Just look up all those incomplete files in the torrent list and do a force re check on those and that will usually initiate a download for many of those files. But typically QB will only download a few MB of each one to complete it the way QB want to complete it. I had a total of 14GB for all my 768 incomplete files to download again. So not a biggie but it sure took a while since many of them where slow downloads.
there

Re: Qbittorent keeps downloading

Post by there »

Are you sure it is not a path + file name length thing like here index.php/topic,5799.0.html    ?