Really need a fix for QBT not shutting down completely even after you have quit!

Windows specific questions, problems.
asphyxnyc

Really need a fix for QBT not shutting down completely even after you have quit!

Post by asphyxnyc »

Guys this is a big issue for anyone on Windows where an update or reboot can cause QBT to not quit gracefully and then be stuck waiting 30 minutes after it restarts because it has to recheck (at a snails pace mind you) not just the files you are currently downloading but any files you might have been seeding at the time when Windows force quit the app.

I even paused all torrent 15 minutes ago then quit and yet QBT is still running in my Task Manager!

Is there a fix or a nightly I can run to solve this problem?
saywhat

Re: Really need a fix for QBT not shutting down completely even after you have quit!

Post by saywhat »

I had exactly this problem, my post about it is on the forum somewhere, and this is what fixed it for me.

I'm on a 10 year old HP laptop and I decided to upgrade it (unrelated to the qBittorrent problem). I put a faster processor in (2.2GHz to 3GHz) and double the memory (4GB to 8GB). And now qBittorrent shuts down virtually instantly whereas before it was taking several minutes. I think this is mostly because it now runs in RAM and doesn't have to clear things down on the relatively slow hard drive that it would previously have been running on (at least partly).

Maybe you're on a slow computer like I was? Time for an upgrade?
asphyxnyc

Re: Really need a fix for QBT not shutting down completely even after you have quit!

Post by asphyxnyc »

I doubt that is my problem...6 core i7 with 12gb of Ram!
saywhat

Post by saywhat »

Yes, strange that because the problem as you describe it is exactly what I was experiencing. Slow shut down, rechecking downloads on restart etc. And I didn't alter Qbitorrent in any way, it was just the upgrades that made the difference. Perhaps there's a setting then that I have but you don't but I've no idea what that would be.

Edit: Actually I just remembered that when I was first asking about this problem someone suggested reducing the "maximum number of half open connections" in advanced settings. I did that before my upgrades and set it to 10. It didn't help at the time but perhaps it makes a difference now that I've upgraded. Maybe try this, I have mine set to 10 or fewer?
Last edited by saywhat on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
verix

Post by verix »

For what it's worth, I only had this problem with 4.x but not with 3.x.
saywhat

Post by saywhat »

I'm on 4.0.4 now which works fine but I haven't had the problem for a few versions earlier as well so I don't think that's the sole answer. Maybe it's a combination of things?

And now I think about it, it might even be possible in my case that I upgraded to a new version of Qbittorrent just after upgrading my hardware and so it might have been the new Qbittorrent version that solved the problem for me and I mistakenly attributed it to the hardware upgrade.
asphyxnyc

Post by asphyxnyc »

I'm on 4.04 which is having the problem.