Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
ionGL

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by ionGL »

You got it!

The latest update also fixed the .torrents with ONE file!

I've tested it on my main resume.dat with lots of torrents and all looks fine so far!

Awesome, awesome job. Thank you! I'm so happy to make the jump and use qBittorrent regularly.

I'll be here to report if anything comes up. 8)
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:06 pm You got it!

The latest update also fixed the .torrents with ONE file!

I've tested it on my main resume.dat with lots of torrents and all looks fine so far!

Awesome, awesome job. Thank you! I'm so happy to make the jump and use qBittorrent regularly.

I'll be here to report if anything comes up. 8)
Thank you for you but report and big help with fixing. Today I release new version
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

Maybe mark it as tested and compatible with 2.2.1 (and possible older versions of utorrent)?

I don't know how it will behave for someone than wants to make the jump from 3.x.x. Although i had the same unfortunate results when i started with a fresh resume.dat generated by utorrent 3.5.5.

People should have backups and test this new v1.10 and then 1.9, if they come from 3.x.x.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

When I was migrating all my torrents, I migrated from version 3.X, and now I testing on latest utorrent version. I think all will be fine
Bear

Post by Bear »

rumanzo,

Thank you very much for creating this tool. I recently used it to migrate over 1600 torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent, and except for one problem which I'll elaborate on, it worked nicely.

The only problem was with torrents where files had been renamed. In uTorrent, if you click on the 'Files' tab for any torrent, it has a list of the files contained in the torrent, and if you right-click on any file, there is a 'Relocate...' option which allows you to change the filename. For any torrents where the filenames have been modified in this way, the import with your tool does not work properly. I am guessing that your tool uses the filenames from the .torrent files to create the .fastresume files. In resume.dat, the filenames are located in the 'targets' field, with a subfield for each filename, 'ITEM 1', 'ITEM 2', etc. If your tool used these filenames instead, then the import would work properly for renamed files.

Anyway, the tool is great; thank you for creating it and continuing to make improvements.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Bear wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:36 pm rumanzo,

Thank you very much for creating this tool. I recently used it to migrate over 1600 torrents from uTorrent to qBittorrent, and except for one problem which I'll elaborate on, it worked nicely.

The only problem was with torrents where files had been renamed. In uTorrent, if you click on the 'Files' tab for any torrent, it has a list of the files contained in the torrent, and if you right-click on any file, there is a 'Relocate...' option which allows you to change the filename. For any torrents where the filenames have been modified in this way, the import with your tool does not work properly. I am guessing that your tool uses the filenames from the .torrent files to create the .fastresume files. In resume.dat, the filenames are located in the 'targets' field, with a subfield for each filename, 'ITEM 1', 'ITEM 2', etc. If your tool used these filenames instead, then the import would work properly for renamed files.

Anyway, the tool is great; thank you for creating it and continuing to make improvements.
Thank you for you report. You right, I use torrent file for create fastresume files. I check this problem later and answer.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

I see. It's new functionality of uTorrent, I don't did not take into this functionality, when I write bt2qbt. I need time to adapt
Bear

Post by Bear »

rumanzo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:26 pm I see. It's new functionality of uTorrent, I don't did not take into this functionality, when I write bt2qbt. I need time to adapt
Thanks for looking into it. The functionality is not new, however, as I was using uTorrent 2.2.1, which is quite old, and it has this functionality. I think 'targets' is only created in resume.dat for torrents where files have been renamed.
ashishkumarji

Post by ashishkumarji »

it's valid torrents, but it didn't load additional info by DHT yet when I used your tool.