Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo »

greatscott wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:31 pm
rumanzo wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:01 pm I build new version with support to transfer modified torrent names (caption field from resume.dat). I think this is what you asked for
I registered on this forum just to say Thank You rumanzo!
Just did the conversion. Works like a charm. The new label migration feature really helped me save a lot of time. Wonderful tool!
Thank you, I glad to see that!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for your efforts rumanzo.
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

Like others, i want to say thanks to rumanzo for this nice tool.

This is my experience trying to migrate a resume.dat from uTorrent 2.2.1 and 3.5.5.

I downloaded all the release and since v1.5 a bug was introduced that messes the values for "Size" (not total size) and "Remaining". I have many torrents that were not started in uTorrent and maybe this has something to do with it, but with v1.4 and all the previous releases the import process goes smoothly and all the correct values (including Size and Remaining) for all the torrents are there, except the edited names, obviously, since "Transfer torrent modified names" was introduced in v1.9.

What could cause this since 1.5? This happens with the resume.dat only touched by 2.2.1 and even after it's been through 3.5.5.

If it's not much to ask, can you cook a v1.4 with "Transfer torrent modified names"? ^-^
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:39 pm Like others, i want to say thanks to rumanzo for this nice tool.

This is my experience trying to migrate a resume.dat from uTorrent 2.2.1 and 3.5.5.

I downloaded all the release and since v1.5 a bug was introduced that messes the values for "Size" (not total size) and "Remaining". I have many torrents that were not started in uTorrent and maybe this has something to do with it, but with v1.4 and all the previous releases the import process goes smoothly and all the correct values (including Size and Remaining) for all the torrents are there, except the edited names, obviously, since "Transfer torrent modified names" was introduced in v1.9.

What could cause this since 1.5? This happens with the resume.dat only touched by 2.2.1 and even after it's been through 3.5.5.

If it's not much to ask, can you cook a v1.4 with "Transfer torrent modified names"? ^-^
What wrong with 1.9 version? May be you can do bug report?
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

v1.9 for me has the same "bug" introduced since v1.5: The torrent values for size and remaining tabs are wrong, so you can't download the torrents correctly.

For example, a 4GB torrent that was not even started in uTorrent, with a single file, after it's transferred with the tool, has the "Total size" tab correct, 4GB, but the "Size" tab is 137MB, and the "Remaining" tab 57MB or something.

If i go to the content tab, untick the file and tick it again, qBittorrent instantly corrects the values for Size and Remaining.

v1.4 (and all release before it) imports the same resume.dat and torrents with the correct "Size" and "Remaining" values and everything works like it should. The only thing that's missing is the torrent modified names transfer feature.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:53 pm v1.9 for me has the same "bug" introduced since v1.5: The torrent values for size and remaining tabs are wrong, so you can't download the torrents correctly.

For example, a 4GB torrent that was not even started in uTorrent, with a single file, after it's transferred with the tool, has the "Total size" tab correct, 4GB, but the "Size" tab is 137MB, and the "Remaining" tab 57MB or something.

If i go to the content tab, untick the file and tick it again, qBittorrent instantly corrects the values for Size and Remaining.

v1.4 (and all release before it) imports the same resume.dat and torrents with the correct "Size" and "Remaining" values and everything works like it should. The only thing that's missing is the torrent modified names transfer feature.
It's better to fix it in 1.10
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

How can i help?

I have tested all your releases. Even v1 worked great and read the correct "Size" and "Remaining" values from the resume.dat file.

Maybe the "piece_priority field fix for fastresume" introduced in v1.5 is to blame for my issue?

As i've checked now, i have "bt.prio_first_last_piece" set to true in uTorrent. I guess it makes sense, right? ;D
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:57 pm As i've checked now, i have "bt.prio_first_last_piece" set to true in uTorrent. I guess is makes sense, right? ;D
May be
ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:57 pm How can i help?
Wait new release, you will be test it :-)
ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:57 pm Maybe the "piece_priority field fix for fastresume" introduced in v1.5 is to blame for my issue?
Don't know yet, may be
ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:57 pm I have tested all your releases. Even v1 worked great and read the correct "Size" and "Remaining" values from the resume.dat file.
You did this one time or you often use bt2qbt, if second - why?
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

You did this one time or you often use bt2qbt, if second - why?
Today i wanted to migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent. It's my first contact with qBittorrent.

I googled "migrate so and so to so and so" and found your tool. Used v1.9 right away and after a few minutes i've noticed the bug in size and remaining tabs. Then i went to BT_backup folder, removed all and started again with v1.0, tested, all fine in the "size" and "remaining tabs.

Then, if v1.0 did the job right, i wanted to see when this bug was introduced, to provide feedback and maybe get a fix, as "Transfer torrent modified names" is a very very important feature! 8)

I set to false "bt.prio_first_last_piece", but the conversion still has the issue of incorrect size and remaining.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

I can't install utorrent 2.2.1 (it's hard to find, and all exe files crash on startup on win 10). With latest utorrent I can't repeat problem. Torrents with one file or with many files transfer correctly, sizes (total, downloaded, uploaded) is OK.
I check up code again, https://github.com/rumanzo/bt2qbt/commi ... 16e5a56081 this commit is adapt for newer version libtorent, and it's correct.
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

Here is my utorrent 2.2.1.25302 - https://we.tl/t-e91rdrw3Z7

I've used it for many years. I'm now on the latest 20H2 win10 64bit, all updates to date and it starts fine.

"bt.prio_first_last_piece" set to true (default is false). I think that's what caused all of this for my resume.dat. Add a torrent but don't start it. Those are the torrents that seem to transfer with incorrect size and remaining values since v1.5. I've just checked, both Size and Remaining values are the exact same for all the torrents in paused state. https://i.postimg.cc/yYRs9p8s/sizeremaining.jpg

The completed torrents transfer just fine with any version.
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

Did a test on a new pc, that has never seen a torrent client. win10 20h2, fresh install, all updates to date.

- Installed uTorrent 2.2.1.25302
- "bt.prio_first_last_piece" set to true.
- Downloaded 2 .torrents and loaded them in uTorrent, "Start torrent" unticked. Close uTorrent.
- Install qbittorrent, exit
- Used bt2qbt_v1.9_amd64 to convert
- Start qbittorrent

The values for Size and Remaining were picked up wrong - https://i.postimg.cc/3Jcx2c45/uvsq.jpg

Deleted BT_backup files, used bt2qbt_v1.4_amd64, everything minus torrent modified names was picked up fine - https://i.postimg.cc/cH4p9d2D/uvsq1-4.jpg

Let me know if i can help with more info.
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

I did more testing. It's something related to my computers or windows settings at this point.

- Fresh installs of uTorrent 2.2.1.25302 and uTorrent 3.5.5.45852, fresh resume.dat each time, BT_backup empty

- No settings changed, so "bt.prio_first_last_piece" defaults to false.

- Add 2 new .torrent files in uTorrent, exit.

- bt2qbt_v1.9_amd64 picks up wrong Size and Remaining values.

My only hope of migration is a v1.4 with just the "Transfer torrent modified names" feature added.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

ionGL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 pm The completed torrents transfer just fine with any version.
Did you mean that problem only with not fully completed torrents?
I did reproduce this problem, and in's not a problem really. You need to Force recheck all you not completed torrents, it's depends on difference storing chunks on uTorrent and qBittorrent. After that you will see all corrected counts, and this exists in readme.
ionGL

Post by ionGL »

rumanzo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:07 pm Did you mean that problem only with not fully completed torrents?
No. The problem with wrong Size and Remaining values is with torrents that are not even started!
Force recheck on those does absolutely nothing.

I din another test, on a 3rd fresh new computer, with windows8 64. I even tested older versions of qBittorrent, but it made no difference. The findings:

I used bt2qbt_v1.4 and bt2qbt_v1.9 only 1 .torrent to compare the resulting .fastresume.

As i was playing, i only changed a letter after qBt-name45: in the .fastresume generated by 1.9 to see if it updates after i start qBittorrent.

It did update the name and it also now sees the CORECT values for size and remaining.

I generated a new .fastresume with the same .torrent and resume.dat by running bt2qbt_v1.9 and again the values for size and remaining are wrong.

Then if i open the .fastresume and even in an empty space if i hit backspace and then space, just a single change that triggers notepad to want to save the file is enough for qBittorrent to pick up the correct values for everything.

Does this make any sense?