Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo »

Bear wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:20 pm
rumanzo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:26 pm I see. It's new functionality of uTorrent, I don't did not take into this functionality, when I write bt2qbt. I need time to adapt
Thanks for looking into it. The functionality is not new, however, as I was using uTorrent 2.2.1, which is quite old, and it has this functionality. I think 'targets' is only created in resume.dat for torrents where files have been renamed.
I did release new version of https://github.com/rumanzo/bt2qbt/releases/tag/v1.11 and make new improvements for renamed files in utorrent. By the way, in uTorrent this function work pretty bad.
rajdude

Post by rajdude »

Hello everyone,
Can I please get a little help?

I am trying to migrate/import around 85 .torrent files created by uTorrent.

These .torrent files are kept under:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\CompletedTorrents
I would like to keep BT backups here:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\BT_backup

Hence, I am using this syntax:
import_command.jpg
import_command.jpg (7.51 KiB) Viewed 7878 times
When I tun this tool...I get the following errors for all the files (only two of those errors shown here)

import_error.jpg
import_error.jpg (117.89 KiB) Viewed 7878 times
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

rajdude wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 pm Hello everyone,
Can I please get a little help?

I am trying to migrate/import around 85 .torrent files created by uTorrent.

These .torrent files are kept under:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\CompletedTorrents
I would like to keep BT backups here:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\BT_backup

Hence, I am using this syntax:

import_command.jpg

When I tun this tool...I get the following errors for all the files (only two of those errors shown here)

import_error.jpg
Hi! Very interesting, I will try check it out on this week, be patient.
rajdude

Post by rajdude »

Thanks rumanzo!

Please let me know if you need anything from me, like logs or something, to help you troubleshoot.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

One item that should be noted - if you have ANY spaces in the path for uT, then you will have to put the entire path in quotes.
nightingale

Post by nightingale »

Used a tool (qbittorrent_4.3.7_x64_setup.exe), not sure if the same on discussed on this thread but found with Google, to migrate around 2000 torrents from an old uTorrent version to qBittorrent about a week ago. Aside from unable to migrate four torrents with some sort of error, which I moved manually, the change went well, besides the edited custom names viewed in client for each torrent wasn't transferred and qBittorent used the default names for each one. Is there a tool to do this? Since then I've started around a dozen or two dozen new torrents and copy pasted around one hundred edited torrent names from uTorrent client to qBittorrent, which might or might not complicate things, if such a tool exists.

Thank you. ^-^
dbdpdb

Post by dbdpdb »

registered to say thanks for this amazing tool :)
SylverCheetah53

Post by SylverCheetah53 »

Is there any risk in using this tool?
How do I know all went well?

I'm new here, so please, be nice!
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

SylverCheetah53 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:35 am Is there any risk in using this tool?
How do I know all went well?

I'm new here, so please, be nice!
Hello. Yes, it's safe. But I advice you make a backup
bobafertz

Post by bobafertz »

Thanks for this excellent tool - I'm hoping you can help it work for me.

On windows 10, I am trying to migrate from utorrent 2.2.1 to the latest qbittorrent.

I have run the tool, everything shows success, but then when I try to start qbittorrent it immediately crashes with "Caught signal: SIGSEGV"

I can share more of the report if you would like. Any helpful ideas? thx!
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

bobafertz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:28 pm Thanks for this excellent tool - I'm hoping you can help it work for me.

On windows 10, I am trying to migrate from utorrent 2.2.1 to the latest qbittorrent.

I have run the tool, everything shows success, but then when I try to start qbittorrent it immediately crashes with "Caught signal: SIGSEGV"

I can share more of the report if you would like. Any helpful ideas? thx!
You know, I switch version 4.2.5 to 4.4.0, and get the same error after a week of use (I try both qt5 and qt6 versions). My be it's good idea switch to 4.2.5 again
bobafertz

Post by bobafertz »

rumanzo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 pm You know, I switch version 4.2.5 to 4.4.0, and get the same error after a week of use (I try both qt5 and qt6 versions). My be it's good idea switch to 4.2.5 again

That worked for me- 4.2.5 imported perfectly. Thanks!
multak

Post by multak »

Thank You very much for this great tool! I will use it for migration of 2000 torrents from uTorrent 2.2.1 to qBittorrent 4.2.5.,but i have still one question. My .torrent files are stored in separeted folder on different HDD. It is not problem, as i understand, but i don't know, where .torrent files will be after migration.
Thank You for answer!
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

bobafertz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:05 pm
rumanzo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 pm You know, I switch version 4.2.5 to 4.4.0, and get the same error after a week of use (I try both qt5 and qt6 versions). My be it's good idea switch to 4.2.5 again

That worked for me- 4.2.5 imported perfectly. Thanks!
They actually fixed crash problems with 4.4.2, so it should be safe for use now
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

multak wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:28 pm Thank You very much for this great tool! I will use it for migration of 2000 torrents from uTorrent 2.2.1 to qBittorrent 4.2.5.,but i have still one question. My .torrent files are stored in separeted folder on different HDD. It is not problem, as i understand, but i don't know, where .torrent files will be after migration.
Thank You for answer!
Hello, it's not a problem at all. But I advice you to make a backup of utorrent and qbittorrent folder, update qBittorrent to the last version and use last version of bt2qbt (but I test it only with last version of utorrent).
And after migration copy of torrent files will be in %LOCALAPPDATA%/qBittorrent/BT_BACKUP and named with sha1 hash of info section of torrent file (the same you can see in qBittorrent torrent menu, something like 95d4e282653b3281867fa329f3d3a0066494024f). But don't worry, original files and torrent files of utorrent won't change.