Queuing still not working in v4.1.0

Windows specific questions, problems.
witloof

Queuing still not working in v4.1.0

Post by witloof »

Not matter what threshold I enter all my torrents end up 'queued' and never turn into 'seeding' if I don't put the number of max active torrents to -1 (infinity). The bug doesn't seem to have been resolved. Or do I have to change other settings to get it working?
Atm my settings are:

But like I said above, if I enter a value other than -1 in the number of max active torrents, the 'Do not count slow...' doesn't work, the torrents never turn to 'seeding', and I've tried thresholds from 1 KiB/s to 20 KiB/s (!), to no avail.
major_briggs

Re: Queuing still not working in v4.1.0

Post by major_briggs »

This happened to me until I set the 'max uploads' to -1.  Now none of them are queued.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

It seems to be working for me, but I'm on a Win 7 machine.

My current settings are Down 2, Up 3, Max 25. I currently have 3 Forced Seeds, one Completed, and 6 Seeding (although no one is downloading). If I change the Max to 4, 2 of the Seeding torrents go to Queued. If I set it to 6, those 2 start seeding again. I can confirm on the trackers that I am registered as a seed for those torrents.
witloof

Post by witloof »

Maybe this is how it's supposed to be for qBit, everything works with those settings, all torrents are marked as seeding and all are registered by the tracker. µTorrent works differently so comparing both clients is not useful.

[quote="Madoka"]
It seems to be working for me, but I'm on a Win 7 machine.

My current settings are Down 2, Up 3, Max 25. I currently have 3 Forced Seeds, one Completed, and 6 Seeding (although no one is downloading). If I change the Max to 4, 2 of the Seeding torrents go to Queued. If I set it to 6, those 2 start seeding again. I can confirm on the trackers that I am registered as a seed for those torrents.
[/quote]
Well, of course, if your max active torrents is 25 but you have less than 25 torrents in your client they will all be showing as seeding obviously. But if you had more than 25 torrents then everything above 25 would be queued and you'll not be registered by the tracker as a seed for those torrents. I just saw that exact case on a private tracker.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

[quote="witloof"]Well, of course, if your max active torrents is 25 but you have less than 25 torrents in your client they will all be showing as seeding obviously. But if you had more than 25 torrents then everything above 25 would be queued and you'll not be registered by the tracker as a seed for those torrents. I just saw that exact case on a private tracker.
[/quote]

[quote="witloof"]But like I said above, if I enter a value other than -1 in the number of max active torrents, the 'Do not count slow...' doesn't work, the torrents never turn to 'seeding', and I've tried thresholds from 1 KiB/s to 20 KiB/s (!), to no avail.[/quote]

It does appear that the "Do not count" option ignores the Max setting. qB does appear to respect the upload and download limits. So as long as I set the Max limit to greater or equal to the total number of torrents I am going to use, then queueing works for me. For example, right now even though my max upload is 3, I have 8 listed as seeding as 7 of them aren't currently uploading. For me, queueing works even if the value isn't -1 as you mentioned in the second quote.
hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

I agree that the "Do not count slow torrents" does not seem to be working in 4.1.1. Setting max to a high number works for me.