[Unofficial] qBittorrent 2.9.3 static build no install

Windows specific questions, problems.
nyyu

[Unofficial] qBittorrent 2.9.3 static build no install

Post by nyyu »

Update:

I compiled new version of qBittorrent 2.9.3 with last svn version of libtorrent with uTP suppport.

If you don't want it portable, just remove -portable from its name.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgzj5506x84w6je

Hi everyone,

I made a static build of qBittorrent 2.9.2 with the latest libtorrent and MSVC 2010.

http://www.mediafire.com/?761fv1747druedg

Portable version : http://www.mediafire.com/?2pdomq6mjod8wvd
(store configurations and data in the same directory as the exe)

Libraries:
Qt: 4.8.0
Libtorrent: 0.15.9
Boost: 1.48.0

Tested fine on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows XP SP3.

Jotti's malware scan
Last edited by nyyu on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: qBittorrent 2.9.2 static build no install

Post by loki »

I'll give it a shot it looks promising, it doesn't install, as stated, just runs from where you put the exe.
Windows does complain every time I try to run it though that it doesn't have a valid digital signature.

Next step, for those that would desire such a feature, have the savestate and config saved in the same directory as the exe or in a folder. If that's possible, I know it was requested elsewhere.

It also doesn't automatically set .torrent and magnet links as default application. I had to sign in under administrator to set it.
Last edited by loki on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyyu

Post by nyyu »

I just made version that stores configurations and data in the same directory as the exe

http://www.mediafire.com/?2pdomq6mjod8wvd

Just uncheck the check box for Windows stop to complain about digital signature.

You need Administrator rights to set .torrent as default application like the official version because It change the system registry.
loki

Post by loki »

Awesome, that's exactly what I and likely a few others have been hoping for! All those config files that used to be behind a hidden folder in appdata and spread around on the system hdd are now located in the same folder wherever you put the exe, foreseeable that you could even put the whole thing on a USB! I just have it on my secondary drive though so that it doesn't crowd up my system ssd drive.
Thank you for your efforts, and I hope you'll keep current when there's new versions.
catweazle

Re: qBittorrent 2.9.2 static build no install -> qbittorrent-portable

Post by catweazle »

qbittorrent-portable ?
Finally, BIG thanks !!!!!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Well done nyyu :).
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Thanks very kindly for the static builds.  Since no one is ever going to replace the back-end DLLs separately from QBT, I actually see no reason why the official QBT distribution in Windows isn't a static build.  But that's a pet peeve of mine for Windows developers in general (if it's not intended to be shared, don't distribute it as a DLL) and a bigger discussion than this board.

One thing I will note is that whatever version of UPX you used seems to be futzing with the icons.  The program has an icon, obviously, but when I make a shortcut for it and try and drop it into my task bar, the icon disappears.  When I try to exit the shortcut and set the icon again, it tosses an error saying there aren't any icons in the .exe.  I unpacked the executable and that issue went away.  I can't get any icons for my .torrent files any more, regardless of unpacking.
rbomb

Post by rbomb »

Please can you mace one static version with latest libtorrent that has utp support thanks...
loki

Post by loki »

[quote="rbomb"]
Please can you mace one static version with latest libtorrent that has utp support thanks...
[/quote]

As far as I know µTP branch is currently merged with libtorrent "proper" so any version of libtorrent after 0.15.5 contains µTP code... now weather it's implemented or not within libtorrent or if it's left up to qBittorrent to implement it, I don't know.
And, just in case you didn't know the version of libtorrent built within this 2.9.2 qB is 0.15.9.0 (the latest stable version as of this writing).
nyyu

Post by nyyu »

[quote="Kurt"]
One thing I will note is that whatever version of UPX you used seems to be futzing with the icons.  The program has an icon, obviously, but when I make a shortcut for it and try and drop it into my task bar, the icon disappears.  When I try to exit the shortcut and set the icon again, it tosses an error saying there aren't any icons in the .exe.  I unpacked the executable and that issue went away.  I can't get any icons for my .torrent files any more, regardless of unpacking.
[/quote]

I used last version of UPX but I chose  wrong option that compress icons, next version will be fine.

[quote="rbomb"]
[/quote]

I use last stable version released. If I compile it with SVN version it's crash on download torrent. I need further investigation.
rbomb

Post by rbomb »

Thanks fo planning, with utp support i will finally abandon uTorrent after long years usage.
mos6510

Post by mos6510 »

Hello nyyu,
i like your static build of qbittorrent. But unfortunately i can't get torrents approximately bigger 4GB. OS is Win7-64.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="mos6510"]
Hello nyyu,
i like your static build of qbittorrent. But unfortunately i can't get torrents approximately bigger 4GB. OS is Win7-64.
[/quote]

4GB is the max file size for FAT32 file system. See the file system of the partition where you download your files. It must be NTFS.
Last edited by ironcross on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mos6510

Post by mos6510 »

Hi ironcross,
filesystem is a proper NTFS, forgot to mention. Thanks anyway :-)
loki

Re: qBittorrent 2.9.3 static build no install

Post by loki »

I don't like the "new" way it adds folder torrents. Instead of placing the folder name in the save path it's now all placed directly into the save location, making it useless to select "open destination folder" since that just causes it to open the location where everything is downloaded to, whereas it used to open the torrent in questions' save folder.
I'm not sure who this should be directed to but this is the current version I'm using, 2.9.3 portable, and I hadn't noticed this in 2.9.2 portable.