How do I stop all downloads?

Windows specific questions, problems.
synche

How do I stop all downloads?

Post by synche »

The usb hub that all my externals were connected to became disconnected from my computer.  qBittortent started re-dl'ing a bunch (~100) of my completed torrents.  Short of disconnecting my internet and then opening qBit and manually pausing all the torrents, is there something in the settings that I can do to stop all traffic.
IronMan

Re: How do I stop all downloads?

Post by IronMan »

Wish it would act like uTorrent and error out on torrents that have been completed and something like this happens.
synche

Post by synche »

[quote="IronMan"]
Wish it would act like uTorrent and error out on torrents that have been completed and something like this happens.
[/quote]

I agree, and you're right.  I had several hundred torrents going on uTorrent at the same time and no problem with those.
KaosEngineer

Post by KaosEngineer »

I have a similar situation.  My computer with the remote shares used rebooted after OS updates or during a thunderstorm a loss of AC power.  All files start showing I/O error notifications, seeding, completed, seeding with upload or download in progress.  Stop qBT and restart 100s of files are now in need of Checking. 

When the shares were lost using uTorrent, only those files being seeded and uploading/downloading at the time are in need of being re-checked.

qBT wants to re-check, status shows "Missing files", what looks like every file, even stopped/completed files :(

However, to answer your question: How do I stop all downloads?

In the torrent list region of qBT, highlight a torrent, press control-A (selects all entries) then the pause button.  All torrents will be stopped well paused.
Last edited by KaosEngineer on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synche

Post by synche »

[quote="KaosEngineer"]
I have a similar situation.  My computer with the remote shares used rebooted after OS updates or during a thunderstorm a loss of AC power.  All files start showing I/O error notifications, seeding, completed, seeding with upload or download in progress.  Stop qBT and restart 100s of files are now in need of Checking. 

When the shares were lost using uTorrent, only those files being seeded and uploading/downloading at the time are in need of being re-checked.

qBT wants to re-check, status shows "Missing files", what looks like every file, even stopped/completed files :(

However, to answer your question: How do I stop all downloads?

In the torrent list region of qBT, highlight a torrent, press control-A (selects all entries) then the pause button.  All torrents will be stopped well paused.

[/quote]

My computer spontaneously re-booted in the middle of the night several months ago and the same thing.

Thank you for your tip.  Worked like a charm!