Cross seeding

Windows specific questions, problems.
bleten

Cross seeding

Post by bleten »

I have recently installed v4.1.2, and have some trouble cross seeding the same torrent between different trackers. When trying to add a torrent from another tracker I get the message "Torrent X is already in the transfer list. Trackers haven't been merged because it is a private torrent." If I then simply delete the existing torrent, I can usually add both torrents for recheck, without QBittorrent showing any error messages. Cross seeding like this was never a problem in uTorrent, as far as I know. Is there a way to get this working?
Switeck

Re: Cross seeding

Post by Switeck »

There doesn't seem to be a way to cross seed private torrents at this time besides maybe what you already found.
I don't know if it's a limitation of qBT or libtorrent (that qBT uses) or both.
IronMan

Post by IronMan »

If the .torrents are identical you can copy the announce url to the existing .torrent in the tracker tab.
Then you will seed on both trackers
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

A problem with doing cross seeding on the same torrent is it will be announcing to the trackers that it was uploading and downloading from peers+seeds that those trackers can't see...which can get you banned from almost all private trackers.
bh3

Post by bh3 »

I'm having the exact same problem since upgrading to 4.1.3. I have hundreds of file cross seeding on an older version of qbittorrent but 4.1.3 doesn't allow this for some reason.

"Torrent is already present"

"Torrent ABCXYZ is already in the transfer list. Trackers haven't been merged because it is a private tracker"

Again older versions of qbittorrent have always allowed me to cross seed so no idea whats changed.