Auto set category from folder/directory name

Windows specific questions, problems.
cmcooper1980

Auto set category from folder/directory name

Post by cmcooper1980 »

I am a new qBittorrent user coming from Deluge.  There is a function in Deluge, which I think was enabled via plugin, that automatically set a category/label to your newly added/download .torrent file based on the folder/directory name that you downloaded said .torrent file to.

For example, if I manually download a linux distsro .torrent file into a monitored folder called ISO, I'd like qBittorrent via it's automation/monitoring of that folder to add it to the queue with category auto-set to ISO (based off of the .torrent's parent folder name) at which point the rest of the relocating of files that qBittorrent performs does its thing.

Is this possible or in the works?  I searched the forums for a little bit and didn't see this particular use case asked...I only found questions about auto sorting/moving of files based on categories.  I want to eliminate having to manually choose a torrent's category when adding to queue.
anoukaimee

Re: Auto set category from folder/directory name

Post by anoukaimee »

Four years later... I'm another emigrant from Deluge and love qBittorent, but wondering if it's possible to do this, and I see there were no responses. Though Deluge was buggy and slow, it had a plethora of plugins (see complete list here: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins) that were useful (or at least fun), and this one was fabulous.

I'm not too techy, but the labelplus plugin (https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewto ... =9&t=42629) automatically applied a label (a category, in qbittorrent lingo) based on any one of many characteristics you could select. For instance, the type of file contained therein, the tracker, etc. And from there you could automatically apply rate/seed limits etc.

Is there nothing like this? I can see that you can move to different folders in the system based on qbittorrent label, but is there a way to automatically apply a label--based on content, tracker, whathaveyou? Would be great if so.

Thanks!