During download I/O errors without codes, stating: Can't find data on disc

Windows specific questions, problems.
qbittorrentusernl

During download I/O errors without codes, stating: Can't find data on disc

Post by qbittorrentusernl »

During download of an rather large file (>6GB) I/O errors occur on some chapters without any errorcodes nor any shortage of space, nor did I receive any messages of virus contamination of some sort. And other, sometimes even larger files, download flawlessly and still plenty of space available.
I read that problems can arise through the renaming of original torrentfiles or their content during certain processes. Can a consequence be that during the data download , although the correct content, still can not be found by the program when comparing the data requested on the disc, due to differences in name? How to solve this problem?
Adsixnine

Re: During download I/O errors without codes, stating: Can't find data on disc

Post by Adsixnine »

+++nobody helps?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Have you checked on qBitTorent's Github issues forum for posts/people with similar problems?
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
qbittorrentusernl

[quote="Adsixnine"]
+++nobody helps?
[/quote]

apparently not, unfortunately.
qbittorrentusernl

[quote="Switeck"]
Have you checked on qBitTorent's Github issues forum for posts/people with similar problems?
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
[/quote]

Thank you, followed the link but did not find an similar problem, I/O issues were related to network and hibernation.
Still have the idea of files downloaded for that particular torrent do not compare by name on the disc, but perhaps they do by content.
As I see it, that more often happen while renaming (during an particular process) of the torrent/content pieces and may result in all kind of strange errors, like 'I/O can't find file on disc'.
However, it does not affect other (even larger) torrents, only once while in space shortage.
I handled that through forcing recheck and forcing download, but all that was before I downloaded this particular torrent.
But I might want to login there too and launch my question there, see what they come up with.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

In the past, I've had to remove and re-add torrents to get them to point at the files locations and actually seed something.

I don't plunk around much with qBitTorrent in the last couple years because i have other things I'm doing, so I'm really not sure what's fixed and what isn't anymore. :(
qbittorrentusernl

[quote="Switeck"]
In the past, I've had to remove and re-add torrents to get them to point at the files locations and actually seed something.

I don't plunk around much with qBitTorrent in the last couple years because i have other things I'm doing, so I'm really not sure what's fixed and what isn't anymore. :(
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply,

That's exactly what I've done too, that helped for other files in some cases.
Unfortunately not for that specific file, that didn't do the trick, because the same repeated errors occurred again when, now while moving after download finished.
Meaning ... malformed or corrupt file?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

I sometimes check using other BT clients (Deluge and uTorrent) just to be certain.