All torrents stalled.

Windows specific questions, problems.
soop3k

All torrents stalled.

Post by soop3k »

Hello!

I installed qBittorrent and trying it out but have one problem. All the time all my torrent change state from stalled to downloading and back. This is happening with all torrents at the same time. Time between changes is about 30 seconds to one minute. I have about 30 torrents and I using 2.9.0 version.
Last edited by soop3k on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All torrents stealled.

Post by Nemo »

Try v2.9.2: qBittorrent v2.9.2. Uninstall your current version and install this one and it should be fixed.

If not, uninstall again and delete these folders also:

- C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
- C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent

After that install v2.9.2 again and it should be fixed.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Suggestion: before uninstalling current version, use Tools - Options - Downloads - Copy .torrent files to, so later to add easily your torrents back in qBittorrent.
lyken74

Post by lyken74 »

hi there just installed qBittorrent v2.9.2.
having small prob and have checked forum for info tryed what i found

but keep getting stall  on dlls

is there any other advice out there as i like what ive tested so fare and would rather
use this progy
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

For me, 2.9.0.1 from the mainpage is the only version that doesn't stall your torrents. I suggest everybody go back to that one.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Very weird.. Don't know what to say really about the stalling problem. Im using v2.9.2 myself on W7 without any problems so far. Suggesting everybody to go to v2.9.0.1 is a bit wrong cause not everyone is experiencing this problem.
Last edited by Nemo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmac

Re: All torrents stalled.

Post by lmac »

I use ports in the 40000 range and get excellent results. Sometimes I have to wait several minutes for downloads to begin, though, even with a lot of seeders showing. I have started with all stalled and left the computer running all night. In the morning most downloads have finished.....lmac
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

The "stalled" problem is still present in 2.9.3 BUT it only lasts for a few seconds before it begins to download. 2.9.2 from the mainpage as of this post doesn't seem to have this problem.

It's not a big issue but there's no reason why a torrent with great seeds would show up as "Stalled" even for just a few seconds.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Never knew that after adding a torrent you would get your max speed instant within a second.. Don't know what you're exactly mean but after adding the torrent it still needs to connect to peers in order to get speed. If you get that in few seconds like you mention thats already pretty good. Don't use the unofficial builds but use the official builds from mkdib, new v2.9.3 has been released with 15.10 libtorrent. Also not sure what os and which programs you are running or router or firewall, might sound dumb but all plays a role. Im using v2.9.3 and after adding the torrent it starts to connect immediatly and the speed depends on the seeds offcourse. I would like to help but don't know what it causes the problem here.
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

[quote="NeMo_0"]
Never knew that after adding a torrent you would get your max speed instant within a second.. Don't know what you're exactly mean but after adding the torrent it still needs to connect to peers in order to get speed. If you get that in few seconds like you mention thats already pretty good. Don't use the unofficial builds but use the official builds from mkdib, new v2.9.3 has been released with 15.10 libtorrent. Also not sure what os and which programs you are running or router or firewall, might sound dumb but all plays a role. Im using v2.9.3 and after adding the torrent it starts to connect immediatly and the speed depends on the seeds offcourse. I would like to help but don't know what it causes the problem here.[/quote]

I'm just reporting that the torrent reports itself as being stalled for a few seconds when added and clearly this isn't "stalled" behavior. It should say something like "Active" like on the categories in the left column.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for the info, I just tested and saw that after starting the torrent it indeed stays a few seconds at 'Inactive' columm while connecting to peers with no download speed yet but after starting to download it switches to 'Active'. Is that what you mean? If so its all good mate :). But if it starts downloading and still stays at Inactive thats not what it should be.