qBittorrent phoning to utorrent.com & others

Windows specific questions, problems.
klischee

qBittorrent phoning to utorrent.com & others

Post by klischee »

Hi

just for interest - why qBittorrent is connecting to dht01.utorrent.com, pacificrack.com and rocky.lapsus.org after the startup?

Does utorrent force third party clients using their servers? :shock: And what are the other connections for?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent phoning to utorrent.com & others

Post by Nemo »

Hmm so far didn't saw any connections to those urls, DHT is based at KAD network that could be the issue, not sure though. hope someone can clear up things.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Hi,

when qBittorrent has DHT enabled (default), it will connect to what we call rootstrap DHT nodes:
s->add_dht_router(std::make_pair(std::string("router.bittorrent.com"), 6881));
s->add_dht_router(std::make_pair(std::string("router.utorrent.com"), 6881));
s->add_dht_router(std::make_pair(std::string("router.bitcomet.com"), 6881));
s->add_dht_router(std::make_pair(std::string("dht.transmissionbt.com"), 6881));
s->add_dht_router(std::make_pair(std::string("dht.aelitis.com "), 6881)); // Vuze

DHT is used to find peers as an alternative to trackers. These rootstrap nodes are "main" nodes that help find other DHT nodes since most clients connect to these main nodes.

If you don't like this, you can always disable DHT in qBittorrent settings. It will work but you will rely only on trackers and peer exchange (PeX). DHT makes it more reliable.
klischee

Post by klischee »

Ah, okay, thanks for responsing. :)
seyldia

Post by seyldia »

How to make uTorrent stop making my internet connection so slow? When I download LEGAL things with uTorrent, I always get a slower connection when I use the internet for other things, or no connection at all. Also, is there a way to only have seeders instead of leechers?
Last edited by seyldia on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Try lowering Connection limit each torrent to like 50, you probably connecting to too many peers. Don't know your internet connection but mine are set at global connections 500 and each torrent 300 with no problems. And no you can't connect to seeders only, don't forget that sharing is caring. Uploading while downloading (and when the download is done) is one of the important things, for me atleast. If there are more seeders than leechers you might connect to seeders only otherwise you can't.

Btw this is not uTorrent forum (you mean qBittorrent with uTorrent :mrgreen: ?)