[OFFICIAL] qBittorrent 2.9.3 installer

Windows specific questions, problems.
ironcross

Re: [OFFICIAL] qBittorrent 2.9.3 installer

Post by ironcross »

[quote="LinkT"]
After 6 minutes downloading an 8 MB file I decided to seed it so people can download faster - Enjoy :)

qBittorrent 2.9.3 Download / Magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:RSQKTJHJWF35OHAAMADW7MQTX3S4OUIK&dn=qbittorrent_2.9.3_setup.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80
[/quote]

I don't understand what you talking about. The zip file from the mkdib's direct link above downloads for 5 seconds (Mozilla Firefox 10.0.1 + DTA). But anyway thanks for your effort to make a torrent.
serious Sam

Post by serious Sam »

i have tried out a lot of torrent clients in the past but the once that ive used for a longer period is azuereus (vuze) utorrent and deluge
ive used utorrent with 2gb cache and it never used more then that. azuereus worked well with a big cache aswell
deluge on the other hand suffers of the same problem as qbittorent

give me a few hours and i will try lowering the cache and see if that helps
Last edited by serious Sam on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
res0r9lm

Post by res0r9lm »

I have doubts that libtorrent v0.15.10 was used to build this version. Latest version is v0.15.9
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

I see the 2.9.5 banner is up on the mainpage. Any builds?
fszymanski

Post by fszymanski »

Yesterday I saw version 2.9.4, but it disappeared.
In 15 minutes I will upload a quick build (2.9.5).

http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=676.0
Last edited by fszymanski on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

I have uploaded this build to Sourceforge.
cw

Post by cw »

[quote="loki"]
@Serious Sam
Did you try any of the suggestions I wrote in the other thread?
http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topi ... 91#msg2391
[/quote]

OK, just experienced the memory leak bug in this build on Windows 7 64bit. You mention a force recheck bug in that thread, I didn't force a recheck but the bug happened exactly as you described in that other thread Loki. Last night started two large (100gig) (large in size, not in files) torrent downloads. Woke up this morning, torrents were done but computer was near unresponsive. Memory usage was at 99% of 16gigs of RAM, but when I checked the process list no programs were using that much memory. qBittorrent was only at 100megs or so which is normal. I was baffled. On a hunch I ended the qBittorrent process and BAM, all the memory was freed up.

I haven't been able to reproduce it yet, but the bug exists and it is not fun. Loving qBittorrent though, hope this gets fixed!
BrunoReX

Post by BrunoReX »

There's definitely a memory leak.
The fan was at maximum speed for no reason on my laptop, I closed qBittorrent and it went to the lowest speed instantly.
That started happening a lot lately (the fans going at maximum speed for no reason) and I suspect it was right after I installed qBittorrent.
loki

Post by loki »

Wouldn't that be a processor leak...? lol
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="BrunoReX"]
The fan was at maximum speed for no reason on my laptop, I closed qBittorrent and it went to the lowest speed instantly.
That started happening a lot lately (the fans going at maximum speed for no reason) and I suspect it was right after I installed qBittorrent.
[/quote]

Might sound stupid but is your laptop clean? I mean dust free? If it ain't the fans will need to work harder to cool it down. I don't think that this is caused by qBittorrent, if it would it probably would use your cpu all the time staying at 98%-100% which can cause your fan to go max speed for few moments and slow down again but if qBittorrent isn't rechecking a torrent but downloading normally im pretty sure that the problem is somewhere else. It could also be your graphic card. Experience learned me that the fan on the graphic card makes more noise when dusty than processor fan but cleaning fixes it. Also a note: the fan will go to max speed for a moment only and it will not stay at that speed all the time, it will slow down again and if needed speed up again at max speed after reaching a certain temperature. Like you say if the fan speed goes at max speed for no reason the reason can be that it needs to be cleaned but be carefull not to break something if you try to open it. If you don't know how to open/clean it don't do it, your choice. If you want to know the temperature readings you can install Speedfan and see there how hot they get.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="BrunoReX"]
The fan was at maximum speed for no reason on my laptop, I closed qBittorrent and it went to the lowest speed instantly.[/quote]

That is not related to memory. If Windows runs out of memory, it will swap out the hell of your pagefile/HDD. Like in Linux or MAC OS X. It's the same principle.
Try to look up what exactly eats your CPU. I suggest using "Sysinternals Process Explorer".
anthracite

Post by anthracite »

mkdib wrote: Dear all,
Here is a new qBittorrent 2.9.3 built with MSVC 2010 express :

Direct Link :
http://mkdib.free.fr/qbittorrent/qbitto ... _setup.zip
Fails to run on Windows 2000 Server SP4.  Installer works, but when you try to run qbittorrent, you get:
Unable to execute file:  C:\[directory]qbittorrent.exe
CreateProcess failed; code 193.
%1 is not a valid Win32 Application
fszymanski

Post by fszymanski »

anthracite

Post by anthracite »

@fszymanski
I followed the instructions there, which involve finding the registry key and placing the name of the executable in quotes.  Unfortunately, it looks like no registry key was created.  A search of the registry with regedit reveals nothing except the entry in the start menu.  On subsequent tries to run qbittorrent, I don't get the same error as before, it just says that qbittorrent is not a valid Win32 application. 
I'm aware of the fact that people may not want to support Win2000 anymore, but since it's listed as supported I thought I would post this.
shadrov

Post by shadrov »

The qbittorrent ver.2.9.3 is installed successfully and is worked in a Windows 7 x64 bit.
For an option "Search" for qbittorrent ver. 2.9.2 I installed the python ver.2.7, and I made it very hardly only after many tryings.
Now the program of tracking the actuality of installed programs suggests to install the python ver.3.2. But I doubt.
First, whether this new version is necessary? Second, whether this new version helps to improve the searching for qbittorrent ver.2.9.3? Third, how can I make update: to delete ver.2.7, and then to install ver.3.2, or it is possible to install the new version separately into the new folder? But then I have the new question: with what version of a python the qbittorrent ver.2.9.3 will interact?