Completion Flag Already Set on Torrent Only 95% Downloaded

Windows specific questions, problems.
Cartoonish

Completion Flag Already Set on Torrent Only 95% Downloaded

Post by Cartoonish »

qBittorent 3.3.4 for Windows

I serve a rural community in Africa with intermittent internet and roughly 1GB of bandwidth each day.  I host a  torrent tracker for them by which they've downloaded a dozen 10G torrents from my tracker without issue.  They downloaded an 11GB torrent from my tracker the past 2 weeks and something unusual happened.  The completion flag is set on the torrent and it's in seeding status despite it being only 95% downloaded.  There are 4969 pieces done and 270 not done.

The first thing I did was ensure the checksum of the 11GB file in question is unchanged on the tracker PC.  Then I downloaded the torrent from the tracker with another PC.  It succeeded and the checksum matched so I don't believe it's any corruption on the tracker PC.  It remains in seeding status despite having force re-checked.  The console indicated dozens of pieces that fail hash check which doesn't surprise me given their internet connection gets interrupted dozens of times over the course of a download like this.  I might guess those pieces automatically get discarded and downloaded anew?

Can anyone offer suggestions as to removing the completion flag from a torrent or anything else to try and reconnaissance a torrent in this state.  I skimmed the debug logs and nothing stood out to me and I expect I just don't know what to look for.  I can upload any logs necessary to figure this out.  I immensely appreciate any help as it would allow us to avoid delaying a school computer lab deployment a couple more weeks from having to start over on the download.
Switeck

Re: Completion Flag Already Set on Torrent Only 95% Downloaded

Post by Switeck »

Can you safely try removing and re-adding the .torrent file in qBitTorrent?
The recheck may take a long time, or you can tell qBT to "skip torrent check" when re-adding.