Torrents moved on restart

Windows specific questions, problems.
kingfoot

Torrents moved on restart

Post by kingfoot »

I upgraded from uTorrent to qbittorrent for 2 reasons. The open source of it is awesome, and I like to support that when I can. The 2nd is that when a torrent is labeled in qbittorrent, it gets put into it's own subfolder it creates in the download directory.

Works great. Until I shut down qbittorrent and restart it. This doesn't happen often so it's been weeks of using it before I noticed this happened but after upgrading to 2.9.2 on Windows 7 x64, any torrent labeled and automatically moved to its subfolder is moved out of it again without changing the torrent info. It only happens for some torrents too. Of the 209 torrents, about 30 are still running. Anyways this is a hassle as I have to unlabel, check all torrent data, and then re-label everytime I want to restart my computer. Which again isn't often but often enough to be annoying.

Anyone know why the would suddenly be pulled out of their label folder?
loki

Re: Torrents moved on restart

Post by loki »

Was it official builds or unofficial builds, one of the unofficial builds had a "feature" that would store the torrent name in the file instead of the folder location. Causing all torrents to open to the root folder instead of their torrent folder.