Delete .torrent file?

Windows specific questions, problems.
jjforums

Delete .torrent file?

Post by jjforums »

When I'm removing a torrent from list a dialog shows up with the checkbox to delete the torrent data, but it doesn't delete the .torrent file. Is there a way to delete .torrent file automatically when removing a torrent?
s4nder

Re: Delete .torrent file?

Post by s4nder »

I agree that this functionality should be added. Not removing .torrent files along with data makes the whole "store .torrent files in this directory" feature useless as well as I don't want to store every .torrent I've ever downloaded, just the ones that are currently seeding.
loki

Post by loki »

You do realize when you set that feature torrent files are actually created in more than 1 location?
When it is not set torrent files are saved in BT_backup folder although they are not labelled in a sane fashion there is a place where torrent files are backed up even if you choose not to copy a .torrent file.

I think you are using the feature in a "wrong" way, how can you expect it to work "correctly" if you're using it not as intended in the first place?
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

You do realize when you set that feature torrent files are actually created in more than 1 location?
When it is not set torrent files are saved in BT_backup folder although they are not labelled in a sane fashion there is a place where torrent files are backed up even if you choose not to copy a .torrent file.

I think you are using the feature in a "wrong" way, how can you expect it to work "correctly" if you're using it not as intended in the first place?
In BT_backup the torrent files aren't renamed, if I enable the option to create a torrent just to share when I want to, but when I remove the torrent I want to delete the .torrent file too.