Deleted 300 torrents by accident

Windows specific questions, problems.
michalakis

Deleted 300 torrents by accident

Post by michalakis »

Hi,

I want to restore to yesterday's torrent list.
Which file stores the information on this?
Can I just restore an earlier version and start the program?

Thanks!

Michael
Switeck

Re: Deleted 300 torrents by accident

Post by Switeck »

You've probably lost the .torrent files, but hopefully not the contents of the torrents too.

As for where+how qBT stores its settings:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings
https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/top ... l#msg13292 Backup qBT settings!
michalakis

Post by michalakis »

The torrents are all there, safe and sound.
But which file is it that contains the list of torrents?

Thanks again,

Michael
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

I'm not sure, probably everything in the BT_backup folder.
BusyDownloader

Post by BusyDownloader »

I just ran into the same problem. The data downloaded is still there, as I didn't check the box to delete them from the disk, but I thought I was in the "Completed" section, I did select all and delete thinking I could clear just those, then I realized I was actually in "All".

I checked the %APPDATA%\qBittorrent and %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent folders, but I found nothing that I could restore the torrents with.

Any suggestions? This is a huge problem, as I had over a thousand torrents queued, many of which had partly downloaded. So now I have hundreds of .!qb files mixed in with my collection.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Sadly no advice except to try to find the .torrent files online again. :(
BusyDownloader

Post by BusyDownloader »

That's rough. "Undo" might be a worthwhile feature suggestion.

Here is what I came up with on my own, which might prove useful for someone later.

In %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\logs I pulled up the logs, and since all the torrents were removed at the same time, the names of all the ones I deleted were easy enough to find, so after doing some find and replace to get rid of extra text, I can use that to manually search to find them and pull them back in.

I used magnet links instead of downloading the .torrent files, so I don't have them. To make sure I have them in the future, I changed the settings in Settings\Downloads to save .torrent files to one folder, and save completed .torrent files to another.
mike20021969

Post by mike20021969 »

[quote="BusyDownloader"]
I used magnet links instead of downloading the .torrent files, so I don't have them.[/quote]
A magnet link downloads the .torrent file.