Low upload speed.

Windows specific questions, problems.
hugojmaia

Low upload speed.

Post by hugojmaia »

I'm having this weird issue, that isn't specific to qbittorrent as I've tested it out with Deluge (Don't intend to go back to utorrent)

This is what the speedtest says, while qbittorrent is open .-.

Meanwhile the speed graph on qbittorrent looks like so.
Can't keep a connection alive to upload anything, the seed to peer ratio on some of these torrents would be a great opportunity for me hit a really good ratio, but many of them haven't even hit 0.10.

Connection configs:

Speed configs: (previously uncapped uploading, put a 300k cap on it hopping it would fix it, changed nothing)

BitTorrent configs:

Advanced configs:

Using the 1.1.1.1 DNS on my computer's settings.
System is windows 7 ultimate.

Is it something I can fix within the configs?
fusk

Re: Low upload speed.

Post by fusk »

[quote="hugojmaia"]
I'm having this weird issue...
[/quote]

Settings look fine. But i would change settings/speed, enable rate limit for utp protocol and rate limit for transport overhead. What happened?
I suppose upnp would work fine on default consumer networks, i believe it tends to be on by default. Otherwise check that www.canyouseeme.org can see your port.
Last edited by fusk on Sun May 19, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugojmaia

Post by hugojmaia »

Thanks for showing me this tool.
I'll start hammering random ports till I get one that works.
hugojmaia

Post by hugojmaia »

Thanks a lot for the link.
After checking it and reading into it I found out about Port Forwarding.
Dug around to find the router password and forwarded the qbittorrent's port.
It's looking a lot better than before.
fusk

Post by fusk »

[quote="hugojmaia"]
Thanks a lot for the link.
After checking it and reading into it I found out about Port Forwarding.
Dug around to find the router password and forwarded the qbittorrent's port.
[/quote]

You can change your upload from 300, to ~800. That should work. Also, did you change the two speed settings i mentioned?
hugojmaia

Post by hugojmaia »

I did.
Also that spurt on the screenshot lasted for about an hour. Then back to the old behavior of barely uploading anything.
I think I'm gonna have to complain to my ISP. Doesn't look like anything I can configure on my end.
fusk

Post by fusk »

[quote="hugojmaia"]
I did.
Also that spurt on the screenshot lasted for about an hour. Then back to the old behavior of barely uploading anything.
I think I'm gonna have to complain to my ISP. Doesn't look like anything I can configure on my end.
[/quote]

Not uploading much for a period of time does not equal there something being wrong, sometimes my torrents don't upload much and that is just because there's isn't much traffic at the time. You'll have to give it some time and see how your average ratio looks.
hugojmaia

Post by hugojmaia »

Update on the situation:
Had a phone call with tech support from my ISP, they treated me nicely, though they harped a bit on the speeds. It's all fine on that end.
They also told me that the reason I can't get reached by the port checking tool is that I only have a virtual IP instead of a real one as per the ISP's settings.

I've watched the speed graphs for a while and I think I'm starting to make sense of what's happening.
Seems like every time a packet starts getting uploaded it finishes in a flash and the connection gets dropped before the next packet gets requested.
And I've also discovered that the peer count is something I cannot understand as it doesn't translate to leechers that I'd actually upload to.

Had another look into the configs, then spotted "Allow multiple connections from the same IP address", though to myself "This might be the thing that allows a connection to live a bit longer"
I enabled it and it seems like I can at least chain multiple packets to a single destination now.

That's about it, the average daily upload amount is improving.
Thanks for the help.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Sounds like you have...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

I doubt "Allow multiple connections from the same IP address" is much help, but keep it enabled until you're sure it helps or not.

While you may not have a unique internet IPv4 address, what about IPv6?
hugojmaia

Post by hugojmaia »

I assume I have to check Image to use ipv6.
I did after reading your message and restarted my client.
Also no clue about the status of my IPv6.

Will update on my situation on Friday.
Thanks for the help and info.
Last edited by hugojmaia on Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.