Nothing is downloading

Windows specific questions, problems.
scubaslim

Nothing is downloading

Post by scubaslim »

I'm not sure what is different.  I used to be able to download things I searched for, but now only about 2% of things will actually start to download.  Here is a pic of what I'm dealing with.  All of these files had over 500 seeders.  Any help would be much appreciated.  (sorry if this posts twice, i'm having technical difficulties)
Attachments
qbit.jpg
qbit.jpg (398.57 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
mike20021969

Re: Nothing is downloading

Post by mike20021969 »

They're most likely fake (or private?). I choose some at random - the first 4 and the last 1 - and they are not downloading here either.

See if you can download this (K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1494_Mega.exe):

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:47C6551E331F0A48AB8753CE5D430A237594A2CD

(Source: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-li ... k_mega.htm)

You don't need to download the entire thing.
But if it works, then try sourcing your own torrents from different sites.
Last edited by mike20021969 on Thu May 30, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

The screenshot by the initial poster suggests a firewalled qBitTorrent.
Downloading from magnet links is a LOT harder that way.
scubaslim

Post by scubaslim »

[quote="mike20021969"]
They're most likely fake (or private?). I choose some at random - the first 4 and the last 1 - and they are not downloading here either.

See if you can download this (K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1494_Mega.exe):

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:47C6551E331F0A48AB8753CE5D430A237594A2CD

(Source: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-li ... k_mega.htm)

You don't need to download the entire thing.
But if it works, then try sourcing your own torrents from different sites.
[/quote]

That worked just fine.  If the search results are fake, why do SO many come up?  It's almost everything. 

[quote="Switeck"]
The screenshot by the initial poster suggests a firewalled qBitTorrent.
Downloading from magnet links is a LOT harder that way.
[/quote]

My firewall is set to allow Qbittorrent.  Is it as simple as that? or something different?
mike20021969

Post by mike20021969 »

[quote="scubaslim"]If the search results are fake, why do SO many come up?  It's almost everything.[/quote]
It sounds like "someone" is spamming.
I've seen it happen many times (e.g. on TPB - torrents just few minutes old with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of seeds and/or peers. Totally fake usually with an identical name to a genuine torrent).
Last edited by mike20021969 on Thu May 30, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

[quote="scubaslim"][quote="Switeck"]The screenshot by the initial poster suggests a firewalled qBitTorrent.
Downloading from magnet links is a LOT harder that way.[/quote]My firewall is set to allow Qbittorrent.  Is it as simple as that? or something different?[/quote]Not if you have a router or gateway that gives your computer a LAN ip address. In that case, you'll either need to do manual port forwarding on the router or gateway if UPnP doesn't do it automatically and correctly. (which appears to not be)

The other issue of the search results being fakes is indeed possible, as that has been done in the past.