VPN problem

Windows specific questions, problems.
Iceman96

VPN problem

Post by Iceman96 »

I have bought Express VPN and when I turn it on my client is not downloading how can I setup Express VPN whitin qBittorrent?

I've found a solution here: https://thebestvpn.uk/qbittorrent steps are same for every VPN, I hope it wil help
Last edited by Iceman96 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beast

Re: VPN problem

Post by Beast »

Hello Iceman,

Best way with expressVPN is to use smartlocation..

Don't know from where you are.. Best way is to pick a VPNlocation nearest to yours...

Make sure it downloads without VPN but you can still play with your settings while you are connected.

Are you sure you got a torrent that's seeded?

Don't know what your connection settings are..

Look at the connection TCP and utp and so on.. ;)

Greetz
Last edited by Beast on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
John0904

Post by John0904 »

I am having the same issue but with another VPN. Qbittorent starts to download but soon my entire connection cuts out. As soon as I quit Qbittorent my connection is fixed.

The setting 'Network Interface' is set to 'Local Area Connection 2' for security reasons if that makes a difference . I am using v4.1.5 because there were magnets issues with v4.1.6.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Hello John,

Are you sure your VPN works with P2P protocol?

Not all VPN work well with torrents..

ExpressVPN works.. I am sure  :D
ikesodut

Post by ikesodut »

I downloaded well with a VPN but I saw that a port higher than 12000 had to be put in qbitorrent for security, and since it changes it is stopped and does not download ...
John0904

Post by John0904 »

[quote="Beast"]
Hello John,

Are you sure your VPN works with P2P protocol?
[/quote]

I am absolutely sure the VPN works with the P2P protocol. 95% of the time, Qbit works flawlessly with the VPN.

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue but when it does happen, the VPN connection stops completely until I close Qbit.