Activity disappears?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Hotkey

Activity disappears?

Post by Hotkey »

Running on Windows 7, 10 and Mac for years. On both machines, after running for a while - 10-15 minutes up to 2-3 hours, the listing screen of Download, Seed, Complete, etc....just goes blank. I've never asked before because restarting brings the details back but its time to see what I can do to fix it?
Hotkey

Re: Activity disappears?

Post by Hotkey »

Any thoughts on this issue?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

It's almost certainly a qBitTorrent bug...so to fix it, qBitTorrent's developers will probably need to know what triggers it.

1.How many torrents do you have loaded in qBitTorrent? (I'd be far more troubled if this happens with <20 torrents total than 1000+!)

2.Are any "missing" in the display at the start? (another possible bug that may be making this one worse.)

3.Around the time this is happening, how much ram is qBitTorrent using? (possible ram overloads?)
Hotkey

Post by Hotkey »

[quote="Switeck"]
It's almost certainly a qBitTorrent bug...so to fix it, qBitTorrent's developers will probably need to know what triggers it.

1.How many torrents do you have loaded in qBitTorrent? (I'd be far more troubled if this happens with <20 torrents total than 1000+!)

2.Are any "missing" in the display at the start? (another possible bug that may be making this one worse.)

3.Around the time this is happening, how much ram is qBitTorrent using? (possible ram overloads?)
[/quote]
Thanks.
1) Has been as few as 5-6.
2) It seems after restart they always appear - for a "while".
3) I really dont know becuase I'm not watching as the disappear.  I'll leave the machine and upon return (random hours) they disappear.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

That it happens with so few torrents, happens randomly, and ram/cpu usage at the time is unknown makes it sound like a nasty bug just to localize a root cause. :(