Upload queueing behavior

Windows specific questions, problems.
rogeriodec

Upload queueing behavior

Post by rogeriodec »

Currently, I have almost 200 files that could be seeding.
With the default Options -> BitTorrent -> Torrent Queueing option turned ON, it's seeding just few torrents with NO upload transfers:

If I uncheck Torrent Queueing, obviously all my 200 files change its status to seeding, but the curious thing is that some torrent starts to seed immediately:

This means that these torrents had downloaders, but strangely, qBittorrent choose 5 files with no downloaders instead of those 2 files in the image which had real downloaders waiting.

Why qBittorrent is prioritizing to seed torrents with no activity instead of other torrents that have current download requests?
Switeck

Re: Upload queueing behavior

Post by Switeck »

Instead of using torrent queuing (which seems pretty broken according to your screenshots!) to regulate the amount of uploading, use global max upload slots and per torrent max upload slots so your upload isn't trying to send to peers at <1 KB/sec each.

Unless a qBitTorrent/libtorent dev fixes this torrent queuing problem, all we can do is use partial workarounds. :(
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Maybe its a good idea to put this at Github too where it might get more attention.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Also, with so many torrents potentially started at once, setting max connections per torrent really low like 5-10 each might reduce the tendency for 1 really busy torrent to hog all your global max connections.

There seems to be serious speed issues when that happens, going by this post:
Increasing connections per torrent slows down all torrents    https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/11261

This might help, were it implemented:
[Wishlist] Alternate connections per torrent while seeding.    https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/2193