Torrent speed limit

Windows specific questions, problems.
indigoprim

Torrent speed limit

Post by indigoprim »

Hello,

I have a little problem with the speed on QB. It won't exceed 11Mib/s, and I have the best internet speed possible(for a normal user). Some time ago I when I had a much weaker internet I even reached 60mb/s. I don't have a speed limit in the settings, and downloads on other programs reach 35mb/s. I really don't know what the problem is.
Switeck

Re: Torrent speed limit

Post by Switeck »

Sounds like a LAN connection stuck on 100 megabits/second mode instead of 1 gigabit/second mode.
indigoprim

Post by indigoprim »

So is it a problem that I could solve or I should talk to the internet provider? Because like I said if some other program (not the torrent) is downloading it reaches higher rates.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

That regular downloads are fast suggests trouble. Sorry I missed that point on my first reply.

1. Do internet searches about your internet provider (recently?) throttling BitTorrent traffic.

2. Have you tried other BitTorrent apps? If so, they might be faster. (Don't bother if you're not already running them.)

3. Are you trying to save torrents to a slow, spinning HDD? BitTorrent in general and qBitTorrent in particular is especially bad about generating very fragmented downloads. Full allocation in advance may help, as might defragging the HDD.

4. Watch out that uploads aren't crippling download speed by overloading the line. By the same token, allowing too little upload speed in qBitTorrent will also cripple the download speeds.

5. qBitTorrent may be slowly crippled by having more-and-more torrents running at once. Its automatic torrent queuing is pretty bad also, leaving torrents stalled or queued-but-not-started for no apparent reason. So try stopping almost all of them and test with just 1-4 busy torrents.