Qbittorrent sync with Seedbox

Windows specific questions, problems.
KingCoder

Qbittorrent sync with Seedbox

Post by KingCoder »

Hope someone has done something like this before, as the title suggests I have a Seedbox and want my Qbittorrent Homebox to sync with the Seedbox without re-downloading the files from the original seeders.

Now I can sync/download the files from the seedbox using Resilio Sync or Filezilla Watch folders etc however what I can't seem to do is get Qbittorrent to automate the torrent download and sharing such as:

1. Add torrent as paused
2. Recheck the torrent files so that the client recognises all parts as downloaded and doesn't try to re-download
3. Unpause when torrent checked and start sharing

Sounds simple but is tricky to execute, any help appreciated :)
northstar99

Re: Qbittorrent sync with Seedbox

Post by northstar99 »

Here's what you need to do:
1. Transfer the files to the computer you want to seed from.
2. Load the torrent file into Qbittorrent.
3. Uncheck the option to start the torrent after saving. (You don't want it to start)
4. Locate the location of the torrent files (torrent load dialog box) Press ok once you have the correct folder located.
5. The torrent will start paused. Right click it and do a recheck.
6. If you want the torrent to start when it's done checking, right click and choose resume. It will finish checking prior to resuming. If it checks 100%, it will seed immediately. If any files are missing, it will download those. If you want no risk if it downloading again, I suggest you wait until it's completed the check and then resume after verifying all files were found.