qBit not seeding downloaded torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
w00x

qBit not seeding downloaded torrents

Post by w00x »

Hi everyone,

I have a very annoying issue with qBittorrent. It's not seeding once the files finish downloading when Torrent Queueing is enabled.
It says "Seeding" on some, but they just sit colored black at 0KB/s even though there are leechers.

If I FORCE RESUME them, they start seeding.

Also, I have Torrent Queueing enabled. "Do not count slow torrents...." is enabled too with the following settings:
Download threshold - 150KB/sec
Upload threshold - 150KB/sec
Inactivity - 60s

Even with these set, qBittorrent doesn't start seeding other files, regardless of the fact that all the ones that are "Seeding" are sitting there at 0KB/s without changing. Am I getting those settings wrong somehow?

If I disable Torrent Queueing, the torrents start seeding.

I am using the latest version on Windows 10.

Any suggestions?
Striges

Re: qBit not seeding downloaded torrents

Post by Striges »

I had the same issue.
Tried qbittorrent about 7-8 months ago and uploads rarely went above 100kb/s. Tried it again yesterday with 4.2.0 with the same result.
If i close qbt and start utorrent instead it got upload speeds that where >10x higher

The things I remember messing with in advanced to fix it was (bold are what I think matters):
changed network interface from any to the correct one, same with IP.
Process memory priority to normal

checked resolve hostname
unchecked geoip
mixed mode algorithm set to proportional
checked allow multiple connections from same IP
upload slot behavior set to upload rate based
upload choking algorithm set to fastest

Also tried setting the report ip to tracker but it gets blanked every time, so that one appears to be bugged.
Now I have about the same upload speeds as I had with uTorrent
w00x

Re: qBit not seeding downloaded torrents

Post by w00x »

Thank you for the reply.

I copied your settings, but this didn't solve the issue. I still don't upload anything when the TORRENT QUEUEING is enabled. As soon as I disable it, the uploads start.

I think the issue may be with TORRENT QUEUEING in general.

Does anyone have TORRENT QUEUEING as well as the DO NOT COUNT SLOW TORRENTS... options working as intended?
Meaning: Starting new torrents when the seeded torrents have 0KB/s upload speed.

In my case, if this was working properly, after about 20-30 minutes, all the torrents should be with a "Seeding" status and my upload speed should be filled. It's not. The torrents that are chosen by the algorithm in the beginning are the only ones that remain active, regardless of whether there is any activity on them or not.