Is there a way to change the torrent name in the initial dialog box when I first go to que up a torrent?I know it sounds trivial, but it's important for me to be able to do that because I have a way of naming my files and folders in a way that keeps them better organized and for some reason this seemingly basic feature seems to be missing from all torrenting apps that i've looked into.Only utorrent let's me do this.It's kind of weird.
I also wanted know if it's possible to move my torrents that I currently have in utorrent to qbittorrent.I think i've read that somewhere, but I would need to be able to move everything over in it's current state, meaning if I have a torrent paused at 42%, for example, qbittorrent would have to open with that same torrent also still paused at 42%.Can that be done?
Windows specific questions, problems.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
There doesn't appear to be a way to set the torrent name in the torrent dialog. If you'd like to see the feature:
- Check out the guidelines on suggesting a new feature or enhancement.
- Create an issue on the project repository detailing the suggestion and whatever else the guidelines ask for.
There's a tool written by rumanzo called bt2qbt that can help migrate torrents from other clients to qbittorrent. The relevant post in the forum is pinned, you might have just missed it. If you have any troubles using it, make a post over there.
Another option is manually moving them, as it's not too complex:
- Stop all torrents in utorrent.
- Go to Preferences > Downloads in qbittorrent.
- Untick 'Display torrent content and some options' to disable the per-torrent dialog (re-enable after migration if you want).
- Untick 'Keep incomplete torrents in:' to prevent it looking in the wrong place when we go to recheck existing torrents.
- Set 'Default Save Path' to the directory your existing torrents are located.
- Select all torrents in utorrent with CTRL+A, right-click any of them and click 'Copy Magnet URI'.
- In qbittorrent, click 'Open URL' (near the top menu, first option) and paste the magnet links you copied from utorrent, and click 'Download'.
- Once they're all added to the list, select all and click 'Pause'.
- Select all torrents, right-click and click 'Force Recheck'.
- Resume any torrents that are correctly discovered after the recheck and manually deal with any oddities.